Photos from DVD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from DVD ?

My son has given me a dvd of his new son and I played it on media player last night. Some of the pictures of 'moving', some are just still photos. How do I save any of them to print off as normal photos?

Can't you just r-click on them and click to save in 'My Pictures' .
    Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

If you put the disc in the PC, then go to my computer, right click on the disc drive, select explore this will bring up all
      the pictures and videos as a list and then as Stella said right click and save in my pictures or the desktop whichever is easier for you.

Clare

Comment

Many thanks.It's lovely to see all the images on dvd, especially when grandson is moving about but I do like my photos in an album..........the old fashioned way............lol

Comment

Max Spielmann or any photo shop will print them for you from the dvd.
          I have just had a lot of my childrens photos which were taken when they were young put on to a dvd and had copies printed. I've put them into albums which I am giving to them as one of their Christmas presents.

I too love my photographs so I dont want to give them mine but I know they would like to have them.
          Kathleen

Comment

While on the subject of a Disc. If I use Windows Vista to burn to a DVD will I be able to view the pictures on my TV via my new DVD player?
            Which option do I need when the box comes up as he instructions appear to contradict each option Windows Live (use like a pen drive) but then goes on to say us Mastered but this may not work on all DVD players.
            I want to save my data files and photo's to a cd/dvd maybe there is a free version that I could use.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret,

It depends if your DVD player can play pictures. They normally
              have stickers on them that say Kodak or jpeg on them. If you let me know
              which make I can have a look for you.

Clare

Comment

Clare, I have just bought a Toshiba SD 370 EDK DVD player to use with a new HD flat screen TV. It mentions JPEG on the box:
                • HDMI Connection with Up Conversion to 720p/1080i for superior Picture Performance
                • Pal Progressive and Component Video Output for optimum picture quality
                • Jpeg viewer enables viewing of digital camera images via CD-R/DVD-R or CD-RW
                • MP3 Playback allows MP3 music tracks to be played via CD-R Disc
                • DivX compatible which allows watching of DivX video via CD-R/W
                I have just played a very old CD-R with JPEG on and it worked well. If you can help I would appreciated it. Very many thanks for your interest and help.
                Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

If you burn the photos to a DVD-R disc you will be able to see
                  the photos on your new DVD player.

Clare

Comment

Clare, Thank you for your help. Using Windows Vista I have burnt DVD by opening Pictures and burnt DVD. I can read it on my PC only. When I put it in my new DVD player I get the message BAD DISC.
                    I can play my very old Kodak CD on the new player so this must be something to do with Vista. What a sad day when I lost Windows XP.
                    I fancy an AppleMac but they are too expensive for me.
                    Happy Christmas.
                    Margaret N

Comment

Hi Margaret,

What software did you use to burn your new photo DVD with Windows
                      Vista ?

I agree Apple Macs are to expensive, but they are fun However some
                      of them can run Windows Vista

Clare

Comment

Clare, I opened Picture Gallery and it gave me the option to burn a disc which I presume is part of Vista Windows.

Looks as if I will have to buy Nero 8.
                        Happy Christmas and New Year
                        Margaret
                        Last edited by Margaret N; 23-12-07, 22:39.
                        Margaret N

Comment

Hi Margaret,

There is a program called Windows DVD maker. It is available in versions
                          Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate

I have found a tutorial on how to create DVD's :-

Beginners Guide to Windows DVD Maker

Clare

Comment

Working...
                          X