shoemakers Nunn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoemakers Nunn

Hi,I am trying to find out about my NUNN family from Ipswich,Suffolk.On the census it tells me that John Nunn born abt 1807 and his son Benjamin Nunn born abt 1833 were both bootclosers /shoemakers.Mary Ann Nunn born abt 1845 was a bootbinder ,this is Benjamins sister so it looks like it was the main occupation of this family.How can I find out more ?

Which census is giving you that info?

I can see Benjamin in 1871 and 1881 (and on the 1841 age 11, so born 1830).
    Last edited by Jools in Scarborough; 18-12-07, 12:01.

Comment

If it is general info you want try this

Knight's Cyclopædia of the industry ... - Google Book Search

Comment

Hi there,thanks for replying to me .The census is the 1841 census where John Nunn is born abt 1811 and is a bootcloser.He is living on Regent Street with his family,his son Benjamin is 11 years here.

Comment

I think I may have had one of your Nunn birth certificates in my hand about a year ago. Alice of that ilk, born about 1870. My Alice was someone completely different and I dumped the cert.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

oh dear Uncle John ,that is a shame ,can you remember anything about her ,this Alice?

Comment

Sorry, no. I was doing a project for my aged aunt, so that was just one of many certificates I had floating around.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

So now you've confirmed that the 1841 family I found is yours, what is the "more" you want to find?

Comment

If you look at this site, you will see other people researching the NUNN family from Ipswich.
                    Suffolk Surnames List
                    Joy

Comment

Thankyou Joy ,I will take a look .

Comment

Jools ,I already had the 1841 information ,I am looking for John Nunns parents now ,thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X