Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dublin GRO

I have just received notice that:

The research room at the General Registers Office in Lombard Street, Dublin has been transferred.

The new location is on the
    3rd Floor
    Block 7
    Irish Life Building
    Lower Abbey Street,
    Dublin

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 17-12-07, 21:21.

How do I put the above information into the Wikki?

It is important that those people researching Irish Ancestors know that the GRO has changed from Joyce House 8/11 Lombard Street East Dublin 2 to the new address above.

Janet

Comment

I was going to say you won't need to worry about the wiki, as all there is in there is a link to the Dublin GRO website. But when I looked at the website the address was still Joyce House!

Is the research room different to where we would apply for certs?

Comment

Merry

I belong to the Cork Genealogical Society and they sent me an e mail a few days ago to say that:

"I would like to advise members that the research room at the General Registers Office in Lombard Street, Dublin has been transferred.

The new location is on the
        3rd Floor
        Block 7
        Irish Life Building
        Lower Abbey Street,
        Dublin

The Research Room at Joyce House included the place where you obtained the BMD for the records 1864 to present day.

It does not surprise me that it has changed as Lombard Street facilities were quite appalling for an International Record Office! I would imagine they have gone into better and a much more organised building.
        It is just important to alert people that the address has changed, in case anyone was thinking of an imminent hoilday in Dublin! I do not know how to change the Wikki.

Hm not updating the website sounds very Irish!
        Janet
        Last edited by Janet; 19-12-07, 17:39.

Comment

I`ll put a note for you in the SCADs corner and one of them will change it for you.
          Elaine

Comment

Elaine,

Thanks for that.

Janet

Comment

Thanks for the Info peeps...I shall be ordering some certificates in the new year from Dublin.

Hope they are keeping the same stafff though.....very helpful and obliging!

(aka Teresa with Irish Blood in my Veins)
              teresa

Comment

I'd imagine the address for postal applications is going to stay the same as that was out in Roscommon.

Joyce HOuse was just the building for personal callers to do research and get copies from.

Good to hear they've moved though. That research room was tiny and heated by a set of radiators under the windows so all the warm air disappeared straight away.

I wonder if they'll be giving personal callers access to the records on computer which are much more accurate than the reference books.
                Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Working...
                X