Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another tough one! Where's Amelia in 1841?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tough one! Where's Amelia in 1841?

Amelia Sellers bapt 9 Mar 1801, St Andrew Holborn, London, parents George & Elizabeth.

Amelia married William Holmsted Marsden (recorded as Olmstead!) 15 Oct 1821 at St Giles Cripplegate, London.

She and Charles Ehns witnessed marriage of Amelia's sister Matilda Sellers to Lewis Cottingham Marsden (William's brother) St Giles in 1823. Charles Ehns was husband of Amelia and Matilda's sister Eve Sellers.

1834 Amelia Marsden, widow married Charles Ehn, widower at St Mary's, Whitechapel.

Cannot see Amelia and Charles.
    HO107; Piece 661; Book: 4; St James Clerkenwell; Middlesex; 9; Folio: 5; Page: 3 has a Charles Ehn 35 (birthyear of 1806, which doesn't fit, even with rounding down, as Charles was bapt 1796) in Albemarle Street, Clerkenwell in 1841, but he is with 30 year old Jane, Sarah 15 and Henry 6. Not sure how they fit in, but even if this is him, with maybe some siblings - Sarah too young surely to be his child - and it fits with Amelia's death reg in Clerkenwell and also in Clerkenwell is William Ehn, Charles' brother and his wife Matilda (who is really Sarah Matilda Sellers) but no sign of Amelia!

Amelia Ehn death registered Dec 1848 in Clerkenwell.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Try this one

There's an Amelia and a Charles and live in Shoreditch
    transcribed as Hull

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 707; Book: 8; Civil Parish: St Leonard Shoreditch; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 8; Page: 8; Line: 23; GSU roll: 438817.

Just looked and he's a printer!!
    Last edited by JBee; 17-12-07, 14:34.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

JBee

I think I love you and want to have your babies! Just kidding! Off to look now.

Comment

Image does say Hull, but anything is possible. I'm going to see if I can work out who the children (or whatever) are now.

Comment

Poop!

Charles Hull & Amelia are alive and well and living in Shoreditch in 1851.

Back to the drawing board.

Comment

I don't know if this will help or not!

My 3x gt grandparents married in St Giles Cripplegate in 1842. Their address on their marriage cert is White Cross Street. I haven't been able to find them on 1841 and my understanding is that White Cross Street and the nearby roads of Golden Lane and Old Street are either missing or unreadable from 1841 census. So maybe thats where your Amelia was?

Comment

Pat

Thanks - I should have thought of that - husband has a vast number of London ancestors living around Golden Lane/Old Street/Whitecross Street area who aren't on 1841 - including Amelia's sister-in-law, husband's gt gt gt grandma.

1861 parts are missing too and those that survive are virtually illegible.

Not much help, but at least I can stop straining my eyes!

Comment

Working...
              X