Help finding a marriage please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a marriage please

Hi I have a Ann Humphreys born 1832 she is on the 1851 census HO107; Piece: 1717; Folio: 145; Page: 24
    with her parents then again on the 1861 census but in a married name. 1861 ref RG9; Piece: 845; Folio: 44; Page: 18. I can't seem to find her marriage though can anyone else.
    Thankyou
    Jen

No help with the marriage i'm afraid but I did find this on Harry

Harry Frederick Morten

Born 4th Qtr 1860 Amersham Bucks
    Died 1st Qtr 1864 Amersham Bucks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thankyou Vikki
      Jen

Comment

I'm suspicious that this is her OH and other children:

1861: RG9; Piece: 845; Folio: 55; Page: 9

No marital status for him :(

Comment

Together on the next census:

RG10; Piece: 1393; Folio: 49; Page: 19

but are they married??

Comment

I spent an age looking for the missing man here:

Marriages Q4 1855
            HARRIS John Aylesbury 3a 659
            HIGGS Ann Aylesbury 3a 659
            HUMPHREY Hannah Aylesbury 3a 659

but he turned out to be Thomas Smith! lol

Comment

Thankyou Merry sorry ui disappeared last night got kicked off the internet by other half and never managed to get back on will go and have a look now thankyou again.
              Jen

Comment

Have tried browsing the GRO index images on Ancestry, but I keep discovering there's another way to spell that surname (Humfrey Humfery Humferey Humfry Humphrey Humpherey Humphery Humphry - any of those with an S at the end - plus Humfries, Humphries, and I suppose, Humferies and Humpheries). All quite similar, but enough to mean I'd have to go back again because I hadn't looked quite far enough back or forward - apart from the need to allow Ann(e) to be Hanna(h)!

Sorry, I've given up - I really must get the last cards written and a bit of clearing done.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Wow thankyou Christine. I will see if i can find anything tonight.
                  Jen

Comment

Working...
                  X