Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My threads about to disappear!

Evenin' all.

I put a thread on here in which people kindly copied me some useful info, but the last post was a month ago tomorrow so it's about to disappear!

Is there a way to save it? Can I save the thread or parts of it onto my computer? And can I send it as an e-mail attatchment to my (hopefully)cousin in New Zealand?

The answers to these and many other questions are outside the bounds of my limited IT competence!

can you just add a post to it now to keep it on the front page, then you will have time to sort out how to save it?

Comment

Are you sure that isn't considered cheating?

Oh what the hell - good idea, I'll do it now!

Comment

i've just done it! I think

Comment

what you can do is open a word document and copy and paste into it all the information you want to save.

Comment

Aaah - slight snag - my computer has somehow lost word (it's getting a bit old & frazzled - aren't we all!).

I could try moving over to the lap top - I think that's got word on, but I usually avoid it because it deliberately annoys me. ( Don't bother trying to disprove the malevolence of inanimate objects to me, cos I'm not having it!).

Comment

OK - I'm going to take a deep breath & try to get the lap top to cooperate. I may be gone some time......If I'm not back on here in 30 minutes, send out a search party!

Comment

Wow, that must be a record - it's only taken me 12 minutes to log on!

Right, I'll have a go & let you know how I get on.

Comment

Karen,

the forum states "Threads will be deleted 1 month after the last post."

this means that a thread can be 3 months old and still running, as long as you keep adding to it or nudging it, it doesnt mean that it will be deleted after a month and thats it.

this will then enable you to copy the thread and save the info

hope this helps
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Curses! I've got half way through my cutting & pasting & the laptop's siezed up on me - I've just got the irritating picture of an egg timer which won't go away!

Comment

Thanks Julie - I guess I'll just have to keep nudging it up till the laptop decides to behave itself. I've gone back onto the PC now & I'm just ignoring it.

Comment

was it word, or wordpad you have lost?

have you tried working from the start bar and looking in the all programs list??

start>>>all programs>>>accessories>>>wordpad
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Karen

I have been wondering how I could help but even if I copied it to e-mail to you it would be on word, so you couldn't open it.

However, if you click on user tools above, you will see that it says e-mail this page. Could you perhaps just e-mail each page to the person you want to see it and to yourself so that yopu have a copy?
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh it's dissappeared. I could swear I just saw it:o

Comment

Sorry - it's thread tools, not user tools :o

Comment

Thanks Julie & Chrissie - I'll try both of those!

Comment

My pc lost "Word" some time ago. I used the search facility to find "Microsoft Word" --- and it did.
                                  Len of the Chilterns passed away July 2021

Comment

Can't you just get someone to copy/paste the info and e-mail it to you ?

Then print it ?

oops sorry didn't realise Chrissie already said that ... I think

Or just print the thread ?
                                    Last edited by Rachel Scand; 18-12-07, 09:55.
                                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Download 'openoffice'.

OpenOffice.org: Home

It's free.

Comment

If someone copies it into a (e.g.) Word doc and saves it as rtf it should open into most WP packages. And it shouldn't be able to be a carrier of macro viruses, either.

(Just don't use that technique for anything with graphics: instead of the file-size shrinking, by quite a bit, usually, it will grow astronomically, because the graphics get converted to bmp.)

Christine
                                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                                        X