Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Helping

Bernard Philbrick

b 06 Feb 1920 Woolwich 1d 3075 - 108 Tuam Road, West Plumstead, London.

died - 1992 Blackpool and Fylde aged 72

I have searched for a marriage but cant find anything, any information or clues on this chap would be a great help. I know about his parents it is info on his life i am after ??

thank U

i will have to check back later.......

Comment

Hi Pat,

I have checked through every quarter of every year from 1938 to 1950 inclusive, on the complete BMD, and can find no sign I'm afraid. Plenty of other 'Philbricks', but no Bernard..........

Perhaps somebody might like to help with other years, excluding the ones I've covered?

Chris

Comment

Have you tried sending for his death cert Pat? It may give you a clue as to whether he had been married or not.

I assume you have the ref?
        1992 June - Blackpool and Fylde - Lancashire - Volume 40 - Page 465
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-12-07, 15:25.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

His death cert might have his widow as the informant (fingers crossed) and it will give an occupation - which may also help. But beware - when my grandmother died and my Mum went to get the death registered, the Registrar asked what occupation my grandfather had. Mum said he'd done lots of things - been a blacksmith, agricultural labourer, chauffeur, shoe repairer etc. The Registrar said "blacksmith sounds the most interesting" and put that down, despite the fact he hadn't done any work of that sort since his 20s!!!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Oh Gawd, Chrissie! Are you suggesting that he might not have been married at all? I have just spent the last hour trawling - LOL! I just assumed (silly me) that Pat had the death cert, but I suppose if his missus pre-deceased him we are back to square one anyway...........

It will teach me to read folk's threads properly in future!:D

Chris

Comment

Oh no Chris, not at all. I think you did a grand job, in fact I have just started on 1951 I just thought that the death cert may give some indication of whether he was married or not. Even if the widow didn't register it there are sometimes other clues. On one of mine for instance it was registered by his sister in law (his wife pre deceased him). It doesn't sound as though Pat really knows yet.

Comment

If you get his death cert then it will give you the address where he lived and then you may be able to go and look at the electoral roll entries for that address to see who else was living there. Also you will be able to find out if he left a will, which should tell you if he had any children.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No marriage for 1951/1952 or 1953.

Comment

Atta Girl, Chrissie - keep up the good work! I'm now cross-eyed, and think it's high time I had a rummage through the freezer for summat to eat tonight - hubby is starting to get restless, so his stummick is starting to bother him I guess!. Will probably pop back later to see if there is any progress.

Chris

Comment

Sorry Chris but I have been doing the three years while keeping an eye on dinner. I'm off to serve it now.

Comment

hi all

thanks for looking, I think it will be definatly a cert to get the information, I searched everywhere i could think of, there was a family rumour of his parents being people of the cloth but that did not turn out to be factual, perhaps he could have been, I dont know of any databases that hold that information, does anyone so i can check. thanks for taking the time to help me it is most appreciated.

Comment

there was a family rumour of his parents being people of the cloth but that did not turn out to be factual, perhaps he could have been, I dont know of any databases that hold that information, does anyone so i can check.
                          Crockford - Crockford's Clerical Directory
                          The Clergy of the Church of England Database 1540-1835: Home
                          SOUL

Comment

Working...
                          X