Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 print-off query

Hi Folks,

This has been driving me mad for days now. I have found the family I want on the 1841 (and other censuses, come to that), and can view the image and printed text of the family therein. However, when I click on 'view printer friendly' to print off the family on that page, up it comes with no problem. When I come to print off this page, all I get are the lurid adverts running across the top of the page, and the rest of it is blank. Sometimes it prints off perfectly, other times not. Is this my 'puter, or Ancestry site please?

Any ideas before I chuck the bloomin' contraption outta the window.........:(

Chris

Don't know the answer to your question! But as an alternative, have you tried saving to your computer and printing from there. If you've got a photopackage, you can also crop off most of the black and save ink at the same time.
    Mavis
    Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Thanks for that Mavis. Listen, you're talking to a complete technophobe here - please don't addle my brain any more than it already is LOL!

I don't generally print of the hand-written census part, particularly on the early census as there is very little info anyway. I just fill in the details on the 'front' text page with ages, places of births and addresses etc. I know it's a bit of a palaver, but I have had so many bad mistranscriptions I would rather try and decipher the scrawl and write it in neatly on the text page.

I really am getting to screaming pitch when the bloomin' printer just chucks out a colour strip on the top of the page, and nowt else!

Thanks anyway - Chris

Comment

I agree with Mavis. That's how I do it. So much easier and you don't waste so much ink.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Sorry Chrissie, you meant the page with the summary of the transcription. Try clicking the mouse before the 1 of the 1841 then hold the left button of the mouse down and move to the end of the bit you want, to high light it, then select print from the file menu, and chose, print selection. That should print the bit you want.
          Mavis
          Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

If you select Print when on the printer friendly page it should print only that and nothing else. The only other way I can think of is to Right Click and then Select All. When you choose print, you can tick Selection, and it will print the selection.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks everyone - I'll give it a bash!

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X