unable to register Ft M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to register Ft M

I have FTM 2005 WdTYTYA version on my computer. Computer has recently crashed. I have reinstaLled the data and the program, but when I try do a websearch (for sources) it says I am not registered. I have registered and received email confirmation, several times ! However it still doesn't work. I t worked fine before the crash. Now it just tells we there s an error and to retry.Is it something to do with cookies etc?

Has anyone any advice/tips

many thanks

Having similar trouble, so am watching with interest.

Comment

Oh -so glad not just me, was beginning to think I was going mad! :D

Comment

Have you registered using the same email address and details as your Ancestry subscription?
        Elaine

Comment

Try going to this web page
          Family Tree Maker - Find Answers Family Tree Maker - (Page 1 of 2)

Type 2487 into the keyword search box, click search.
          Then click on "Troubleshooting registration problems" and see if there is anything there that might help. It might just be something as simple as needing to disable your firewall temporarily whilst you register.
          Elaine

Comment

Kim, Im in exactly the same position. I had puter crash over a week ago and had to reinstall FTM2006 - I then tried to restore 5 years of work from interent storage. I was asked to register my FTM - I registered the FTM about 20 times and still I couldnt restore my work.

I rang them last week, the tech guy said disable firewall. I said but Ive had the firewall for 4 years and never had to do that. So I did it, tried again - again I was asked to register and after registering, again I got the email and again I couldnt back up from internet.

I rang them again - got another bloke who said they were having problems with their registration server and thats why I could restore my stuff as ancestry wasnt recognising my registration. He said it would be sorted by Friday.

Nope, its not sorted - in fact before I saw this thread I rang them again, they said the technical blokes arent in again til Monday but they know there was problems with the registation server.

So there you go, no point trying all the time - its maddening isnt it.

Comment

Thanks Heather, had disabled stuff and tried all that tech stuff and registered .... so I know its not me.... will just have to sit on it and wait and use my PAF file instead.

Merry Xmas

Kim

Comment

Jill, Heather and any one else the glitch now appears to be fixed on registration! Now got lots of work to do!

Kim

Comment

Hi Kim, yep I know - I left a message about it for you!

Comment

try googling brenda xxx

Comment

Sorry Heather, didn't see your message ?? :o (where was it?)

Comment

It doesnt matter Kim! I started a new one screaming KIM, its working now - or some such. Woo hoo, Ive just managed to back mine up to internet for the first time in about 2 months. Gawd knows what Ive lost though through the crash and it not being backed up before :(

Comment

I know Heather, I can't remember what I did and didn't have on mine either oh well just keep on looking then!

Comment

Working...
                          X