Trying to find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find

I am going cross eyed trying to find this family in the 1891 census, could somebody please look to see if they can find them.

Alexander Holmes 1863
    Eliza Holmes 1866
    Albert E Holmes 1895
    Alexander H Holmes 1891
    Ernest J Holmes 1897
    Julia S Holmes 1889

Class: RG13; Piece: 524; Folio: 115; Page: 10.

Obviously they would only have Julia in the 1891 census and I don't think that they were all born in Deptford as it says in the 1901 census.

Thanking you in advance.

Barbara

Try this one...transcribed as Welder....

RG12; Piece: 158; Folio 130; Page 15

Comment

Wow, Lyn, how on earth did you dig that one out. It is definitely the right one, Walter aged 22 was Alexander's brother and Alexander was a tripe dresser. Thank you so much you have saved me from going crazy lol.

Barbara

Comment

Hi Barbara
        Julia was the least common (kind of) name that I would expect to find in that family in 1891, so I just searched for Julia with no surname and put in DOB of 1889 and Father's name of Alex*. (I left mother's name blank, just in case there had been a change of spouse between census)

About 6 came up and the Welder one showed mother as Eliza, so I checked the image. Lo & behold, it said Alexander W Holmes as head! How they managed to get Welder out of it, I am not sure. LOL!

Comment

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for the information on how you did it, I have got a great deal to learn, didn't think of doing that, a bit embarressed lol.

Barbara

Comment

Don't feel embarrassed...we all have to learn and it took me about 2 years to learn that trick. The good folks here taught me! And that is why I shared the tip with you. (not to make you embarrasses, but to help you like they helped me!)

Comment

Working...
            X