Alexanders of Dunkeld and Murtly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexanders of Dunkeld and Murtly

Looking for Alexander families of Dunkeld who might have a connection to John Alexander who married Elizabeth Stewart 1784 at Dunkeld. They had 15 children in all. John and Elizabeth moved to Dunkeld about 1800 and are buried at the Howff. Johns father was supposedly Charles Alexander of Murtly [factor to Straun at battle of Culloden]
    John Alexander had a brother James who married Helen Richardson Jan 1776 Sth Leith Edinburgh.
    John and JAmes were possibly born at Kinclaven.

Have you tried Scotland's Family Tree Forum? They are very helpful for any Scottish research.

I've asked there before, when I've been doing my Grants and Gordons.

Comment

Hi Harrys mum. Yes I have posyed on every forum I can think of. I am beginning to thinl I am a sole survivor of this family Cheers

Comment

I'm sure someone will help a bit later. They will still be in their beds at the moment.

I know what you feel like. I have a family of Nations and I'm sure nobody else has them. Strange really, as they were a big family.

Welcome, by the way.
        Libby.

Comment

I've just looked on the Gedcom manager on here, but we don't seem to have any members with ANY family from Dunkeld, never mind with the right surname :o

Comment

Never mind. I think they were e very exlusive lot:(

Comment

Originally posted by stumped View Post
              Looking for Alexander families of Dunkeld who might have a connection to John Alexander who married Elizabeth Stewart 1784 at Dunkeld. They had 15 children in all. John and Elizabeth moved to Dunkeld about 1800 and are buried at the Howff. Johns father was supposedly Charles Alexander of Murtly [factor to Straun at battle of Culloden]
              John Alexander had a brother James who married Helen Richardson Jan 1776 Sth Leith Edinburgh.
              John and JAmes were possibly born at Kinclaven.
              Don't suppose you've got my Elizabeth Forrest (b1830 in Douglas) anywhere ?
              A couple of her children were born at Little Dunkeld and there was a connection with Murthly Castle .... think they worked for Lord Belhaven

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Rachel. I havnt come across her.

Comment

Thanks anyway Stumped .... I've been stuck for years so it's always worth asking, just in case

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I am an Alexander by birth, but I'm afraid that they originated from Wiltshire/Berkshire via Lancashire!

My Scottish side (1/4 Scottish from my paternal grandfather) came from Johnstons, Wisharts, Archibalds and others.

I was initially excited when I saw the surname Alexander, but then deflated. If it's any consolation, I can't find anyone connected with my Wiltshire Alexanders. :(
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi All. I think were all stumoed together:D

Comment

Working...
                      X