Scotland BMD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland BMD Question

Is there anywhere on-line where you can search BMD's for Scotland that go up to 1930 at least.

xx

Maggie

Maggie

Scotlands People only has births to 1906, marriages to 1931 and deaths to 1956 on line. Anything outwith that I think would have to be looked up at GROS.

I am open to correction from any of the other Scots!
    Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

I'll second that

Comment

If you can get up to Edinburgh and search the GRO yourself (£17 a day and its sometimes necessary to book a place).

Had an amazing day there recently - went in at 9am and left when thrown out at 4.30 - no lunch - no loo!!! and still have to go back!!!

It's also very much like going on scotlandspeople but you put in a name and year and its quite easy to go forward or backwards

You cannot print off an image if its more recent than on scotlandspeople - you have to either order the certificate or write out your own transcription - (see newly downloaded forms Elaine did) or buy their colour coded ones at the GRO at 10p a sheet.

If you cannot get up to Scotland or no-one can do a lookup for you - you can ask them to do a search a year either side of a date - think it cost me £3some years ago plus the cost of the certificate. If you get a recent birth certificate it should have the date and place of the parents marriage on it, and death certificates should have parents names on including mothers maiden name (if known).

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thank you for your replies. That's what I figured to be honest. The trouble I have is I don't have enough information to go to Edinburgh with and make it productive. There are huge gaps in my information.

xx

Maggie

Comment

Working...
          X