new North Lincs BMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new North Lincs BMD

At the risk of duplicating someone else's notice...

I've just found this link on ukbmd.org.uk

North Lincolnshire Council - Search for and order birth, death and marriage certificates online

There's nothing to indicate any restrictions on teh B & M records searchable and there is this message about the Ds:
    The current death indexes available for you to search are from:

* 1837 to 1916
    * 1992 to 2006
    Disappointingly, whichever of the three categories try to search (using Camino - will have to try some others), I get this message:
    An error has occurred with the application
    :(

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 13-12-07, 17:03.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Assuming Camino is the name of your web browser, Christine, I'm getting the same error message on IE6.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It was Camino 1.5.1. I've just tried Safari (2.0.4), Firefox (2.0.0.11) and Explorer (5.2 for Mac) - all with the same message.

More exasperatingly, when I tried to send a message to warn them of the problem, I got the same message for the online feedback, and had to send an email from my Yahoo address instead!

Ah, Well! Perhaps they'll get their act together eventually. When they do, it should be useful for a friend's tree.

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 13-12-07, 17:13.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've been using this site for over two weeks now with no problem. I have found loads of useful info, especially partners in marriages. I use Camino version 1.5.3

Jennie

Comment

Wonder whether it only works if you live in Lincolnshire???
          KiteRunner

Comment

I had no problem accessing search, I use Enigma

Comment

Thanks Christine, this site is fantastic!! I have been able to put dates to loads of rellies' births & it is going to make ordering certs so much easier for me.
              Lynn

Comment

Yes - I went in just now and it's fine.

Very impressive to get actual dates for events, and not just Quarters or Years.

And the marriage set-up allows you to pick up the associated record to get the other name.

Christine

Comment

It's working for me too now but annoyingly enough, it turns out my Lincolnshire ancestors were just over the border in North-East Lincolnshire.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Just had a little try & is working OK, found lots of relevant entries so thankyou for this.
                    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 14-12-07, 22:02. Reason: adding thanx

Comment

Since it seems rather useful, I have just added it to the Lincolnshire links (?Lincs Links?) in the Wiki.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                      X