Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry lookup, please

Hello,
    Could some kind person please look up any of the 1891 or 1901 census and tell me if they can locate the following lady and her family?

She is Emlyn Augusta Gore b 1851 in India and her husband is Francis Arthur Gore. I have no idea on Francis's DOB.

I'd love to know if they have any children and if so where they were born. Emlyn was born in India, married in Switerland and died in England so her kids could be from anywhere.

Thanks
    Kit

On the 1901 there are 9 Gores born in India but no Emlyn.
    There are 3 pages of Francis but no obvious marriage to Emlyn.
    Expecting grandchildren any minuet but will keep looking till they come.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

1891 -3
      1881-8
      Put Emyln in full search and nothing comes up.
      Most of the census have 3 pages of Francis Gore but no Emlyn.
      Do not have time to look at each one.
      Regards
      Jeanie
      If it's to be, it's up to me.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Thanks for trying Jeanie. Maybe they weren't in England at that time. Have fun with the grandkids.
        Kit

Comment

Have you tried looking for her as Emily or Emmeline? It could easily be spelt / mistranscribed that way.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

In 1891 in Preston, Lancs there are 3 siblings;

Margaret Gore, 18, born Aldershot, cotton weaver
            Mary E Gore,14, born India, cotton weaver
            Thomas A Gore,11, scholar, born India

They are a household by themselves - don't know if its of any significance to you?

At the other end of the social scale (!) in Betchworth, Surrey there is a Paul Gore, 13, nephew, born India. He is living in a household headed by Elizabeth Gore, widow, 69, living on private means, born Guernsey. She has a son born in New South Wales, a daughter born in Paris and a cousin born in Queensland

Anne

Comment

Hi Anne
              I think the first family are not right, the eldest child would be born abt 1873. Emlyn and Francis married in 1875. While it's possible I don't think so.

The second family maybe a possibility. At the time of their marriage the paper states Francis was from Australia but it didn't say if he was born there or living there at the time.
              Kit

Comment

Have you got Ancestry Kit? I know this isn't them but it might be worth saving for the future as the names Francis and Augusta seem to feature quite a lot. If you put in Francis C Gore born 1847 in Hendon Middlesex. This is the ref.

RG12 Piece 604 - Folio 68 - Page 11 - GSU roll: 6095714.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Chrissie I don't have ancestry at the moment but I will take note of the reference for later when I get it back. Thanks for letting me know.
                  Kit

Comment

Working...
                  X