Marriage c 1830 Notts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage c 1830 Notts?

If I can't find a marriage about 1830 on Family search is there anywhere else I could look other than going to the parish please?

Matthew Fox married a Mary (both born Kirkby in Ashfield Notts c1811), their first child William was born K-in-A c 1831. No sign on famil search.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I hope someone comes up with an answer for you Chrissie, I've just about given up on my Kirkby lot!
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

can you order stuff to look at at your LDS centre ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I didn't know you had any from Kirkby-in-Ashfield Viv.

Comment

Possibly Rachel but if possible I wanted to get an idea on line tonight.

Comment

Goodness me, I didn't realise what time it was. Off to bed now - this will wait until another time

Comment

Sure I've told you before Chrissie.
              My main family, my maiden name Barker, are from there. My 2x gt grandfather b c 1801, left there to join the army.
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Chrissie, you don't think that they may have skipped the county for a sneaky, late wedding, do you?

Just that there is a marriage in 1835 for Matthew Fox to Mary Lambeth, but it was at Christ Church, Blackfriars Rd, which I assume would be in Southwark. (I don't know if there is another in Notts)

I looked for Matthew Fox on 1841 census and there are only 4 listed for the whole country who are of the right age...3 in Yorkshire & your fellow in Notts. And yours is the only one married to a Mary.
                Last edited by Lyn A; 13-12-07, 04:05.

Comment

Chrissie, I think there is somebody who may be able to check on a marriage index for Notts - would you like me to put Notts in your thread title so that person might be more likely to notice it?

By the way, I do lookups at Notts Archives but if you don't know which church and date you want I wouldn't really know where to start looking!
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Of course Viv, I do remember now

Thanks Lynn - I did see that marriage but discounted it as London. I didn't think to check on any other Mather Fox though. I suppose it's a possibilty.

Thank you Kite. Yes, Notts in the title would be good. There was a chap who used to be on GR who called himself Robin Hood who had a disc to look up Notts marriages. I wonder if he is a member here? You are right about the Archives, I have no idea where/when/if they married so that would be hopeless. That's why I wondered if there was anywhere on line. This isn't for me, it's for a friend, so I don't want to go to a lot of expense. She is a dear old lady in her 80's though and is so thrilled about anything I find, especially any juicy bits

Comment

Chrissie, Have a look at this site.....someone is researching William Fox, who could be Matthew's brother. If so, they may be able to help you. Worth a try anyway.

The Ashfield Pages - Surname Interests for the Ashfield District of Nottinghamshire, UK

Comment

Thank you Kite

Thank you Lyn, I will go and take a look.

Comment

Thanks again Lyn. It looked very promising so I have sent an e-mail

p.s. I have also put it in my favourites because there are two of my family names on there as well

Comment

Oh, great! That's made my night!
                            Good luck!
                            I'm away to bed now!

Comment

Goodnight Lyn

I hope she's off to sleep, I don't want to spoil her night but I've just received one of those Demon failure to deliver notices for the e-mail that I sent to the one researching Fox:(

Comment

Darn & Drat!!!

Havny got to bed yet! LOL!!

Comment

Lol Lyn

Comment

Thank you Pippa. It certainly isn't important enough to trouble anyone who is poorly though. Whoever they are, I hope they get well soon

Comment

well, I have had a look on Hugh wallis,

and this is the only matthew showing on there, (and these are extracted recs)

MATTHEW FOX/SARAH HICKIN 07 DEC 1822 Kirkby In Ashfield, Nottingham, England.

there is a william fox marrying a MARY ROLLINSON 23 DEC 1822 @KIA

and also a Catherine Fox marrying a david elliott, on 30 dec 1822 @ KIA
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks so much for looking Julie. I got really excited then and thought it must be the Mary Rollinson one and I have Rollinson in my tree, so I thought my friends and I might be related. However, on looking at the date 1822, Matthew/Mathew would only have been about 11. So it looks like it's back to the drawing board for that marriage. Mind you, I have printed your findings off as they are very likely to be other members of the family.

Thank you again

Comment

Working...
                                        X