Scanning for idiots, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning for idiots, please.

I am trying to send a document I have scanned to my pc, by email to someone else.

It won't let me do it the ordinary way (box pops up to type in email addy, I add the can but it bounces back as an invalid POP user, me, that is).

Is there an easy way for me to send this scan as an attachment to an email?

I have tried to follow the instructions for attaching to an email but it isn't working!

Words of one syllable please!

OC

Do the scan and save it to your computer as a jpeg image. You could save it to your 'My Pictures' folder. Then attach the image to the email like you would do with a Word document for example.

Hope that helps.

Anne

Comment

Hmmm ....sorry it looks as if you already did save it to your computer! Is it the correct address you are sending it to? Or is your internet connection playing up just now?

Anne

Comment

Anne

I can't seem to get the image to transfer from my computer to the email I am trying to attach it to!

My connection is fine and the email addy I am sending to is also fine - it isn't that, it's getting it off my computer and on to the email.

I know I have done this before but just cannot remember how I did it. Typing in the file name hasn't helped.

I am giving it one more try then giving up on it tonight as I am getting all sweaty and cross, lol!

OC

Comment

OC - what's the email programme you're using? Jools

Comment

I assume you are attaching by using the paperclip?

Have you tried sending it to yourself at your own email address?

Are you able to scan it into your pooter as a pdf instead of a jpeg?

just suggestions, hope something helps lol

*hands OC a damp flannel*
            Rose

Comment

Hi OC,

What have you tried so far ? Can you write a list of steps you have taken
              to try and send the scanned picture via email.

Clare

Comment

OC if you have Outlook Express,go to "Creat Mail" as you would normally.
                On top menu bar click on "Insert" then on "File Attachment" then browse for the photo you want to send. When you've found it click on it and then click on the box which says ATTACH

Comment

Astro Lady

I will try that, thanks. The problem seems to be with hotmail and I didn't think of trying Outlook.

OC

Comment

Oh, it will not let me copy and paste the message I get on OE!

Back in amin when I have written it out!

This is what is says on Outlook Express (same message on Hotmail, incidentally):

the host SMTP could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account POP3. Server SMTP. Protocol SMTP Port 25 Secure (SSL) No socket error 11001. Error number 0x800CCCD.

I do not understand a single word of that message. I have not entered anything anywhere, to my knowledge!

OC
                    Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 13-12-07, 19:46.

Comment

Right, I THINK I have managed to do it through Photobucket.

But I would really appreciate an explanation of the gobbledegook above, so that I can send attachments in the more conventional way!

OC

Comment

OC - as far as I recall (having dumped OE a year or so back) that error message is absolutely nothing to do with attachments. It's telling you that it can't physically send the email because your settings are wrong.

Adding an attachment to an OE message - do tools insert, click the file you want, click OK. That attachs it.

Jools

Comment

save to documents then to photobucket,then copy and paste brenda xxx

Comment

I thought the title of this thread meant you were looking around the site for any members who are idiots!!

Comment

That's exactly why I looked, so that I could report in.

Lol
                              Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

My settings are wrong?

Could this be anything to do with IE7? I am sure I managed to send attachments before IE7?

*waves to two fellow self confessed idiots, Merry and Grampa*

OC

Comment

OC I had terrible problems with IE7 so uninstalled it ,have you tried that and see if you can send attachments on IE6

Comment

OC, it could be (nothing surprises me about Microshaft's programmes taking over). I was so exasperated with IE7 that I gave up on it and started using Firefox and Thunderbird - so much more versatile and they don't take over your puter. Jools

Comment

I have to say I really don't like IE7 but have been too scared to uninstall it in case I do something terminal.

I have lost a lot of the handy features that used to be on IE6.

If I ever win the lottery I am going to hire some nice young man to come and EXPLAIN this computer stuff to me. I read all the books but it never coincides with anything I want to know, or if it does, the instructions don't work on my machine.

None of it makes sense, that's the problem - it doesn't seem logical to me.

OC

Comment

OC - I don't think you can uninstall IE7 - I seem to recall it's inextricably intertwined with the Windows operating system.

I didn't uninstal mine - I just left in in a corner to sulk, installed Firefox & Thunderbird and after a couple of weeks I was used to them both. You can do all sorts - like blocking those irritating popups, adverts and flash jobbies - bliss :D Jools

Comment

Working...
                                        X