Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 cen scotland

Hi All

Could someone please find a Mary Kinnie born about 1845 in Ireland. I think she should be somewhere in the lanarkshire district.

Many thanks

Julie

Was she single?

There's this trio:

James Kinnie 38 occ Grl Labourer
    Elizabeth Kinnie 51 occ Housekeeper
    Mary Kinnie 35 occ cotton weaver

both the women are listed as sisters to the head. All born Ireland. All living at Glasgow Townhead, Lanarkshire

Comment

Hi Monty

Many thanks for finding it. Unfortunatly it looks as if this is not my family.

I have a John Moffat who married a Kathereine Kinnie or Kenny. Marriage cert states mother as Mary. On the 91 cen, with the Moffats are a Kinnie family who are boarders. One of them is a Mary born 1841 Donegal. I am assuming this is the mother as with them is also a Philip born 1863. His death in 1900 has the same parents names as Katherine but by 1900 the mother is noted as deceased. For the life of me I can not find a death certificate for her. There is one in 1901 but this one is single so it must be the one on the 81 cen. So now I know I can rule it out.
      Thanks again

Julie

Comment

I've looked for Catherine, Mary and Philip in 1881 without success. maybe they were still in Ireland?

Comment

Thanks Monty,

I think they must have come over just after as I have found in the last hour a sister Ellen/Helen who married John Moffats brother in 1882. How inconvenient of them. Just wish I could find the mothers death to find her parents names. It would also be a lot easier if they stuck to the one name instead of Kinnie/ Kenny/Kinny/Kenney and a load of otherways to spell it.

Thanks again

Julie

Comment

Working...
          X