Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with access to IGI and time on their hands??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with access to IGI and time on their hands??

I wonder if anyone could be kind enough to look this up for me please?

I've tried BMD - but no luck.

I am looking for the marriage of JOHN WILLIAM NOBLE and WINIFRED SOPHIA

Now she may have used her maiden name of STARKE or the surname of her first marriage STREETON.

She must have married after 1906 (when she married Robert Streeton in Luton) and 1918 when she had her son in Portsmouth. I can't be more definite as I can't find the death of Robert either!

If anyone can trace this I'd be extremely grateful!

Manyt hanks
    Chris

I can't see it Chris, but IGI don't have much late data.

If you don't mind me asking, why can't you access IGI?
    Has it been down today?

Comment

Well it just takes ages looking as if it's loading then vanishes and I'm back to the beginning again. I don't think its me..........or is it?
      Chris

Comment

Seems ok at the moment

Comment

OMG - then it's probably me!!!

I think I'll leave it alone for tonight and try again tomorrow - with, hopefully, more success!! I do find sometimes that if I'm having a problem I seem to get caught in a loop and it keeps happening!!! LOL

Thanks though for looking.
          Chris

Comment

I can't see a death for Robert Streeton. Were they divorced?

Comment

Not that I know of! But.......all things are possible I suppose!
              Chris

Comment

If he didn't die and they were not divorced, that might explain the lack of a second marriage!

I have tried various searches on FreeBMD and also the full GRO indexes for 1916 and 1917 as these are far from complete.....(looking under his name and then at the spouse surname for anything beginning with S lol). No results :(

Comment

Mind you, his death might have been registered without his middle initial (I only looked with) or he might have been killed in WW1 but omitted from the CWGC site (apparently not everyone is on it for various reasons)

Comment

Thanks for looking Merry. I'm afraid I suspect that the second marriage was a work of fiction!! There is no doubt she used the surname Noble (I have her death certificate) but I find it might suspicious that there is no death of husband number one or record of a marriage - not easily traceable anyway!!!

Many thanks though - appreciate your help (as always)
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X