subscription advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subscription advice

hi everyone, hope all is well with you all and the flurry before christmas isn't causing you too much stress
    i wonder if anyone could help me - which site would be best for a years/6 months subsription. i am thinking of treating myself for christmas and would like to sign up for more permanent look ups (i have been spending a small fortune on pay to view)
    thank you for yor thoughts and am sorry if i have put this in the wrong forum or have missed a previous thread that answers my question
    www.treamer.tribalpages.com
    interested in treamer, trimmer, downing, lake, spruhen/spruhan

The two that I can think of are ancestry and findmypast. Findmypast does not have the census coverage that ancestry has so might not be as useful.
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Hi, Obarean - I would go for Ancestry - apart from everything else, their tree facility is excellent
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Ancestry (the UK one) is a must for me ... I often revisit the census images and looking at the descriptions of the enumeration districts can be very interesting.

It was only this year that I realised my gt grandparents were living in adjoining EDs before their marriage.

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

This is not the first time the question has been asked (no criticism implied, obarean), and nearly everyone comes down in favour of Ancestry, with pay per view on Findmypast if you need to. I'm with Ancestry.
          Mavis
          Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Me too!! Ancestry every time.

Gwyn
            Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

And don't forget to haggle the price down and check for any bargains/freebies before you take the plunge !!!

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

hi thanks for all the help so far, i have been drawn to ancestry i must admit.

i have only been on their website so what i do about haggling or looking for bouses/freebies? do i ring them? what amnuition (for want of a better word) do i use to bring the price down? on the site its almost £80 per year

thanks again
                www.treamer.tribalpages.com
                interested in treamer, trimmer, downing, lake, spruhen/spruhan

Comment

You can ring them up and tell them you belong to this site and lots of people have got ancestry for £50+ £60 odd pounds worth a try ;;some one will post the freephone number on here Im sure,,,,,,sorry I carnt find where I wrote mine ;;
                  borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I have 2 numbers for Ancestry .... both freephone

0800 345 7917 and 0800 404 9723

My sub was renewed a for under £57 this year and I know other people got it even cheaper .... there may be a thread on here .. will have a look and give it a nudge if I can find it.

BUT .... before you rush into it, do check that there are no special offers ....

Heather Positive Thinker will probably know

Comment

have found one thread and nudged it
                      It's by Terry on a Rock "Ancestry Renewal Cost"

Comment

Working...
                      X