Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo storage

Where do people store their photos?
    I have got quite a few on my hard drive, also backed up to pendrive. Should I take them off the hd to free up space?

photobucket.

Comment

So do you just move them all to photobucket? Do they have to be done one by one. I could put them in folders (some of them are) I suppose.

Comment

i did mine 1 by 1 you can bulk upload though.

Comment

I have mine on my main computer, on my laptop and then backed up onto CDs. I have also seriously considered leaving a copy of everything with my aunt in case of fire!!

I'm totally paranoid about losing them though as I rarely do prints these days since I've gone completely digital as I make everything into DVDs for people to watch.

Really should do more prints and then perhaps I would calm down.
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I am not sure but cant every one look at whats on photobucket?

I put mine into photobox and get them printed from there. Each time you order prints they give you more storage space. Once they are in photobox, I delete from my hard drive. The album is private unless you make it public

Comment

I have mine on my Hard Drive, on a separate external Hardrive a CD rom given to my sister (just incase the house goes up!!) and on Photobucket

I keep meaning to delete them off the Hardrive, but I worry incase something goes wrong with the other 3 back-ups:o
              Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Oh good to read others are paranoid about photos and there work as well as me, so seperate hard drive is the best option then you all think ;;;???/
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I think they are a good idea, because you can store all sorts, My external hardrive has all my research on it including back-ups of The Master Genealogist software that I use.
                  Vikki -
                  Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Working...
                  X