Talk Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk Talk

I am considering changing my ISP to Talk Talk as it will include my BT line rental. I have not be able to clarify who will pay BT if one has a problem on the actual telephone line. They are a bit iffy about that question.
    I am told that I would be able to recieve upto 10mb where I live and my evening phone calls free - not that I make many.
    I am with Virgin at present which is much more expensive but they never cut me off for being on line for too long.
    If I get my mac number would I still have to log into every single account and site again with my new ISP?
    I would welcome any comments and advice.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret when you go to Talktalk if you have any problems with your BT line you have to tell Talktalk about it and they are supposed to get it sorted.
    They also pay for your line you only pay Talktalk
    What do you mean about logging into every account ????

Comment

If you use your Virgin Media email address for your membership of loads of sites, I think that you will lose the email address if you cancel your contract with Virgin Media and you would have to go on every site to change your email address.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Margaret

I have just moved to TalkTalk. No problems logging into bookmarked sites. Only thing I forgot to do was update my router with the name TalkTalk username and password so was stuck in limbo land for a few days.

Good luck

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. Val (Hello) I think KiteRunner has answered my question. Car Phone's have told me to continue to use my Virgin email address but I do not see how this is possible.
          Anna, at this moment in time I do not have a router may change but have a small problem with that so may have to use my speedtouch modem or similar.
          All very helpful.
          Cheers
          Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret
            I use talktalk and yes it's reasonable value
            Suggest you ask them what minimum broadband speed they can guarrantee you, the up to 8M is usually fantasy
            Problems are also handled via India which can be exciting
            Good luck
            CB

Comment

I moved from wanadoo just over a year ago, but I can still access my wanadoo e-mail address via the orange page. I just type in my e-mail address and password. I should think that is what car phone mean.
              Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Oh, that's weird. Well, if I were you I would ask either Talk Talk or Virgin Media or both to confirm that you would be able to keep your old email address, then.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Rita, That is an interesting comment as TT have told me even if I leave Virgin I will be able to keep my email address. I find this all very odd.

This is all making me a little tired I am thinking it is wiser to stay with the ISP I know at least I don't get any spam. (Touch Wood) even though it costs me dearly.

Thank you all for your interest in yet again another of my problems.
                  Margaret N

Comment

I have 2 Tiscali email accounts, one was set up before I moved to Tiscali
                    and you gain an email account when you jon Tiscali. These are both accessed
                    from the Web, so they are webmail. I dont view my mail via Outlook as
                    there are to many viruses around and I have the ease of looking at the
                    mail wherever I log in, be at work, home or my b/f's

So maybe these companies offer webmail facility ?

Take a look at thinkbroadband.com they have alot of information on
                    ADSL providers and what customers think of them. I would suggest to
                    possibly go with a company who have been running a while and are established e.g Claranet or Demon

It is a minefield out there, people offering this and that, sweetners
                    to tempt you to join the dark side of the Broadband force ;)

Clare

Comment

Yes, Virgin Media does have a webmail facility, but I still find it unlikely that they would continue to allow you to use it if you cancelled your contract with them, so I would definitely check with them if I were you. I just can't see what would be in it for them???
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Weel Margaret thanks for asking this as I am turning over to Utility Warehouse in the next week and my e-mail addys ntl so I was wondering the same thing, so looks like I will have to alter addy on every site I use ;;
                        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Hi Maragret,
                          I use talktalk and have had little problems with them. They did forget to close my account with Virgin when I signed up with them and I ended up paying for two internet accounts for almost 10 months, then they refused any liability and would not pay any money back.
                          I pay an extra £10 for the broadband because the local telephone exchange cannot supply high speed internet. After being with them now for 18 months I have asked when they intend to update the line and they cannot tell me. A speed check on my line shows that it is running just under 4 Mbytes not the 8Mbytes they say up to for which I am paying.
                          With this information I am now considering changing to the lower speed broadband internet with them which is quoted at 4 Mytes anyway which will mean I do not pay the extra £10 for the supposed higher speed I do not get.
                          After all that I suppose at £20 per month for 4Mbytes would be good value for money.
                          Cheers
                          Paul

Comment

For information:

When I cancelled my Virginmedia account some time ago they did remove my email address as well - exactly 30 days after I had given them notce. That included the webmail facility.

and yes - I did forget to change my contact details with some sites:o
                            Barbara

Comment

I too have changed ISP and def. lost my old email addy, companies will only let you keep it if you pay for it - everyone changes email addresses on those sites you use most often, BUT I had a problem when I went to log in to one website that I hadn't used for sometime, they often use email address as login name - after it failed I realised it was because it was expecting the old @btinternet.com one - and I'd forgotten what it was! So for anyone who is going to swap - it's a good idea to make of note of your previous one somewhere incase you need it - only other option is a hotmail a/c which I've always avoided as you don't get to keep sent items and other things but really is the only way to keep same email addy. with whatever ISP Co. and not use the 'issued' emails addresses...

Comment

talk talk is still shown as the best buy broadband/telephone package over on Martin Lewis' moneysaving expert site.

Comment

Working...
                                X