FreeBMD about to be updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBMD about to be updated?

I've received an acceptance notice for a handful of corrections I've submitted to FreeBMD. That usually happens just before the database is updated. The last update was 9 Nov, so that would make sense.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I got one today too Christine.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Looks like my Other Database updates thread has gone

presumably because there haven't been any to report within the last month.

It's sad, because there was a load of info on the thread. :(

Anyway, FreeBMD has just been updated:

The FreeBMD Database was last updated on Sat 15 Dec 2007 and currently contains 142,986,702 distinct records (183,678,204 total records)
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've just nudged a thread up for you, Chris - hope it's the right one.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks, Kite Runner, but that's the Local BDM one. The other one had the quarterly updates on A2A, it had the FreeBMD and FreeReg updates - occasionally FreeCEN - and new sections on DocsOnline. Anything like that, really.

Of all those, FreeBMD was the one with the more frequent updates, and the previous one was 9 Nov, so that's more than a month. It's presumably been wiped.

The two threads used to be in a Reference section. Other threads in that section got taken up into the Wiki, because the info was static. Because these two weren't like that, they were moved into the Research Advice section when the rest were overtaken by the Wiki. I was always aware that it was a bit of a risk.

thanks for trying
          Christine

Comment

Working...
          X