Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry renewal cost

Good Morning All

I have just received my renewal charge which amounts to £79:95. Last year I paid less than £60:00

Can any of the overseas Members guide me as to what I should be currently paying, taking into account that I am not liable for VAT.

Many thanks

Terry

My renewal in Oz has just been quoted at £69.95, Terry.......I was going to try to negotiate it down , but laziness got the better of me

My sub is for ancestry UK only.

Beverley

Comment

Hi Beverley

My sub is also only for Ancestry UK, so how come the difference in price

I will dig out my old bank statements to see exactly how much I paid last year and then have it out with them.

Cheers

Terry

Comment

Mine has also come up at £ 79.95.
        Sarah

Comment

All ours in England were quoted at £70+ pounds (can't remember the exact figure) but a lot of us rang up and 'complained', bartering got it down to around £64 mark.

So I would be looking at the £65 figure, less VAT, for you. (I also got an extra month's sub on top 'cause I talked VERY sweetly to the bloke, but you may want to try it on a lady!! )

Comment

I am in New Zealand. My sub is due next week at 55.96 UK pounds.

That plus 17.5% VAT would be 65.75 pounds
            Last edited by Cliff inNZ; 04-12-07, 11:18.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies.

I have checked my bank statement and last year only paid 59:53 so that is one heck of an increase. I will email Ancestry and let you know their reply.

Cheers the noo
              Terry

Comment

I haven't renewed my subscription yet but I've received 2 emails offering a discount of 20%. The current price being 79.99. The discount would bring it down to 63.96.
                Kathleen

Comment

I got mine - new sub for £55 earlier in the year and quite a few people got their renewals reduced to about that without vat.

Can someone bring back the thread?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I think the thread has probably been deleted by now JBee. I did a search earlier and couldn't see it.
                    Elaine

Comment

I have had my renewal this morning

$99.95 for UK/Ireland subs = £48.44

I dont reckon thats too bad for a yr (oh, my subs is with .com)
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for looking Elaine.

Terry I would still try and get it for £55 as you don't pay vat.

Don't know if you have a phone number to ring but if you have ring them and if they don't give you a good deal ring back again a day or so later and you might get a better deal.

Can't remember the uk tel no everyone used.

What's it like on the Rock today - when I was there the border was closed it was rather claustraphobic.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                          I have had my renewal this morning

$99.95 for UK/Ireland subs = £48.44

I dont reckon thats too bad for a yr (oh, my subs is with .com)

Blooming 'eck Julie - that IS good!!!!

Right, next year I'm going to try going through .com - wonder why there's a difference in prices - anyone know?

Comment

i'll bet its something to do with exchange rate

i was thinking about joining the uk one, but it'll only be the same thing anyway.. so might as well stay here for now
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi JBee

Blue sky but a cold (for us) northerly wind. You wouldn't recognise the place now, as there has been so much redevelopment since the border opened in 85

Cheers - Terry

Comment

ancestry charge

Hi I heard that bmd were going to be free next year

Comment

I've just paid 79.95 pounds (I think). Still cost me less than last year though because the Cdn$ is worth a lot more at the moment. I couldn't find a phone number to call that would be any good for me from Canada.
                                  Jenny
                                  Jenny

Comment

My recent experience ...

Ancestry Tel No 0800 404 9723

My email renewal came in at 79.95 (£10 dearer than last year!). So I rang them and said that other subscribers were getting it around £55 was told there was no current offers around that price but that they could do it for £69.95 the same as it was last year. Not the best price around for Ancestry but a free phonecall saved me a tenner!

Dawn
                                    Dawn

Comment

Nudging this for obarean ....

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I just got my renewal email and they are asking me for £69.95 .
                                        I think the price depends on whether you have it set up for automatic renewal or not .
                                        But £48.44 for a year on .com
                                        Wow going to ring them too

Comment

Working...
                                        X