Labels In Vista - Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labels In Vista - Help!!!

Please can some kind expert send me a STEP by STEP SIMPLE instruction on how to create labels from Mail Merge for my Xmas Cards.
    I have a data base, I can Edit the date base, select the label.
    I open Word, Select Mailing, Start Mail Merge, select Labels, select recipients data base, open, and edit, select merge fields.
    ***I cannot see where to change to mixed addresses.
    The page with 21 labels per page comes up after the fields are entered the rest of the page says NEXT RECORD. ***When I preview each address is on a different page.
    I did manage earlier in the year to work this out but cannot remember what I did.
    I know the XP system but VISTA??? PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE as I would like to send the cards in 2007.
    Having printed the help menu all thirteen pages it is a little long winded for me follow.
    Thank you
    Margaret
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret

I mostly use my XP machine but I have had a look on the pc with Vista and Word 2007. Unfortunately I can't go through the whole process because I haven't got a an address database on it yet.

It looks as if the procedure is very similar to XP but displayed different. To put an address on each label you need to 'Update all labels' just like on XP

I thought the old version of mail merge was much simpler.
    Kathleen

Comment

Vista Mail Merge - LABELS

Kathleen,
      Thank you for your reply. As you say the display is different in Vista but that is not all according to all the notes I have taken off the internet and I even noted from a Microsoft Bible that:

'You have to work at it - it may take a few hours before you get it right'.

How about that! I think the XP merge was the best that I ever used. Two Christmas Cards for all mybe next Christmas 2008.

I have done it once but it seems impossible to create a repeat. I will shout it from the roof tops when I get it right.

Kind regards,
      Margaret
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Vista Mailing Labels - End of Saga

Kathleen and Memebers,

You will all be relieved to learn that I have Printed My Mail Merge Labels - not sure how other than that magic word Kath -'UPDATE'. As this was a totally new project on a different size label I was using 'CREATE' which I still think would be reasonable to assume
        Margaret N

Comment

Working...
        X