Does anyone here use PAF5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here use PAF5?

I have a problem with my tree which I don't know how to correct. This has just started today.

For 2 people, a brother & sister, it combined the notes. When I deleted the wrong notes from one, it removed them from the other. If I added anything to one, it added it to the other.

In the end, I deleted both sets of notes & typed them in from scratch, only to find that now it won't save them at all. At least now when I print a report, it doesn't have my Gg-uncle marrying his brother-in-law!! LOL!!

I tried restoring to my back up....nothing changed. :(

In frustration, I have downloaded PAF5 again and reinstalled it over the old version, (as I was unable to uninstall). I did this hoping that reinstalling would repair the problem, but it hasn't. :(:(

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do?

I have been using PAF for years and never come across this problem.

I had a look at "Help" and "Notes" and think that perhaps the use of a ditto may be the cause of the problem.
    Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Thanks Jim.
      I looked at help and couldn't find anything....mind you I didn't know where to look or what to call the error.

A Ditto? Do you mean the symbol or the word? I don't recall having used one, but will look through things today and see if I can find any.

Thanks again.

Comment

Try surfing around "Tagged Notes"

Comment

Jim, Yo may have solved it, mate!! Thank you so much!

I have just started trawling through any notes that I have added recently and found one " mark! Not in the two it affected, but in their aunt's notes. And since removing it, I have been able add notes without the duplication.

I am just off to check through and make sure there are no more.

Thanks again...you are a God send!! MWAH!!!

Comment

My pleasure.

Comment

Working...
            X