Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Attempt

at uploading my photos.

Can anyone please tell me which one of the ladies in the first photo is the lady (Aunt Ginnie)in the second?

Also, do you think the ladies and the gent could all be sisters and brother?

Hope it works this time.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lynne :D
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

I would say the one sat on the right looks most like the bottom picture. Certainly they all could be related - the ones that look most similar to me are the two ladies sat and the one stood at the back right.

Comment

HERE'S A CROPPED VERSION OF GINNIE AS IT'S NOT TOO CLEAR.

LYNNE

PS: Sorry, i don't know why it's so big??
      Last edited by Granny Lynne; 07-11-07, 18:55.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Thanks Anna

Yes, I think so too but I took them to work today and my colleagues all picked a different lady

I've tried to improve the quality of the 'family' one without success.

Lynne
        Lynne

Comment

H Lynne

I think it is Darksecrets who is very clever with photographs may be able to help you improove the quality if not im sure it was Tom who did mine on here
          ther is a thread for photo improovements will try to find it for you

Comment

hi lynne its called photo restoration please add yours started by darksecrets

Comment

Lynne,

here is gran, if you can rescan the group photo at a higher dpi 300 is ideal.. then i can make it bigger and possibly ident the ladies.

It doesnt matter much about the pics being really big, I can resise them

Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Kelly
                Thanks so much, the people on this site are billiant!
                I do have a programme for improving photos but not really had time to do anything with them and I have to post them back to my dad's cousin.
                Thanks again.
                Lynne
                Lynne

Comment

Hi Julie
                  Thanks, that's great. I will rescan the family photo but will it be better if I do it in greyscale rather than the original sepia colour?
                  Lynne
                  Lynne

Comment

Lynne,

Probably best if you scan it in colour... I can always tinker with it and make it B/W or sepia...
                    Julie

Comment

Hi Julie

Sorry for the delay, reason on my other thread. I have now checked the settings on my scanner and they are set at 300dpi but I was selecting the wrong compression on saving. This one should be ok.

IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/fordy1950/familygroup.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks again.
                      Lynne
                      Last edited by Granny Lynne; 07-11-07, 22:51.
                      Lynne

Comment

Whoops :o :o :o

Just when I thought I had got the hang of this, that one didn't work, another try.
                        Could it be because I did 'quick reply' by mistake?

Lynne
                        Last edited by Granny Lynne; 07-11-07, 23:04.
                        Lynne

Comment

Wow!! Even i am impressed with that one - LOL!!

;):D
                          Lynne

Comment

Lynne,

that is FANTASTIC!!! well done

not much good at dating pics you either want Just Barbara, or Don.t for dating...

but i'll have a go at clean and polish for you tomorrow.... nite nite

Btw, the reason your image didnt work before

IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/fordy1950/familygroup.jpg[/IMG]

that one, was because you missed a [ off the beginning, like so.

Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-11-07, 23:08.
                            Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie
                              Good night.
                              Lynne
                              Lynne

Comment

Yes Tom, I agree. All I need to do now is find out who the heck Aunt Ginnie was - LOL!
                                Good night and thanks for all your help tonight.
                                Lynne
                                Lynne

Comment

here we go Lynne,

Julie

Comment

I think that these are the same lady..

And also yes that they are all related
                                    Julie

Comment

Hi Julie
                                      Sorry, I had not noticed your latest posts this morning.
                                      I am at work and the PC I am using at the moment will not show photos but I will have a go on a different one after lunch.
                                      Thank you very much for all your help last night.
                                      Lynne
                                      Lynne

Comment

Lynne if its of any use I would say the one on the right too.
                                        I had an Aunt Ginnie too, it wasn't till I did the family tree I realised her name was actually Jane!! I had thought Ginnie was a name in itself, but apparently not

Comment

Working...
                                        X