Family tree maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree maker

I am using 2005 version, I want to know if i can search the people on my tree by the area i live in. Or make a list of all people for example from Gloucestershire.

thank you

You can do a Custom Report and choose to show place of birth, etc., then do Format and Sort order

Comment

Thanks anna, i will give it a go.

Comment

I have 2006 so not sure if you can do this in 2005, but:
        You can also search for individuals by all kinds of criteria by clicking on:
        Edit > Find Individual

Then select the search criteria (e.g. Name, Date, Location, etc.) and enter a word in the search box.

For example, if you select "Any and all text fields" and enter "Gloucestershire", it will bring up people with 'events' in Gloucestershire (i.e. birth, baptism, marriage, death, etc.) and you can click through them one by one.
        Sarah

Comment

Didn't know this - sounds very helpful!
          Thanks!
          Kind regards,
          William
          Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

I've got FTM 2006 but can't find "Any and all text fields" as an option in the drop down box. Have I misunderstood something??
            Kind regards,
            William

Comment

cloggie and anna both of your options have worked, thank you so much that will make my life a lot more easier now.

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                I've got FTM 2006 but can't find "Any and all text fields" as an option in the drop down box. Have I misunderstood something??
                Go to EDIT, select FIND INDIVIDUAL
                A search box then appears with two boxes.
                The one on the left has a drop down list - the word "name" shows in the box.
                Use the drop down list of this box and you will see "any and all text fields" as an option
                Elaine

Comment

yes did that elaine and it works, thank you very much.

Comment

Elaine - thanks for that - have got it now...and it's most helpful!
                    Kind regards,
                    William

Comment

Working...
                    X