Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i work out which is grandad?

hi,

this may sound really daft but does anyone know how i can find out which is my grandad (reginald haylock) in the picture below? it was found on the ROYAL WEST KENT REGIMENTS website. i have emailed the guy incharge of this section of the musuem and all he can tell me is "he is in there somewhere - his name was given by a gentleman at the reunion last year, but i didn't ask who was who only if he knew any names, sorry".

i have removed single pic and added all 3 plus the info of who is in them on a post below.
    Last edited by Pippa Doll; 12-11-08, 21:46.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Dont know the answer sorry, but i get so engrossed with pictures that you start to imagine they are all the person you are looking for. Perhaps is you could post all of the pictures on here, then the someone maybe able to give you a couple of options.

Comment

1st photo is number 336

Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers of A Company, 1st Battalion, Royal West Kent Regiment. They display sixteen trophy cups and three shields. Identified are Lieutenants FCM Chauncey and RO Pulverman, Colour Sergeant Major Selves, Sergeants Collingwood, Kendall, Noble, Polley, Steadman, S Terry and Yorke, Corporals W Brewster, C Bruce, Haylock [possibly Lance Corporal], Rowlands, Warner, Warnett, White [possibly Lance Corporal], Woollet, Lance Corporals S Bartlett, Preston, Smith, Stone, Webb, Wilson and Witham.

2nd photo is number 339

Number 3 Platoon, 1st Battalion, Royal West Kent Regiment. They display a bowl and three cups. Identified are Lieutenant RO Pulverman, Sergeants Polley and Yorke, Corporal Woollet, Lance Corporals Haylock and Webb, Privates Bolt, Davis, Jenner and O'Keefe.

3rd photo is 357

Corporals of the 1st Battalion, Royal West Kent Regiment. Identified are Lieutenant-Colonel AK Grant DSO, Captains AS Bredon, BL Clay, CK Weldon, Lieutenant EG Weston MC, Regiment Sergeant Major M Stroud DCM, Corporals Adams, Allum, Barker, Bartlett, Bonwick, Boswell, C Bruce, Carey, Davis, Franklin, Hearnden, Huckstead, Humphrey, Hunt, D Johnson, Kemball, Lamb, Phillips, Rowlands, Shepherd, Sims, R Thatcher, Trew, Warnett, Woollett and Waters, Lance Corporals Bull, Cleverly, Edwards, Haylock, Hayward, Hooper, Howes, Hull, Jenner, G Johnson, A Knight, Knight, Lindsay, Malyon, Miller, Page, Peacock, Pitts, Preston, Rogers, Sadler, Stone, Vaughan MM, HJ Walker, Webb, White, Whitham, Wilson and Wood.

this last photo was him in 1976 - 3 years before he died and 50yrs after the army ones.

Last edited by Pippa Doll; 12-11-08, 21:46.
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X