Your thoughts on these photos please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on these photos please

The first question is when could this photo have been taken?

Secondly, could the lady in the first photo be a younger pic of the lady on the left of this photo?

Look forward to your thoughts.
    Pauline
    xx
    OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
    www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

At a guess, the top photo around 1910 and the lower one about 8 years later. The hairstyle in the top photo is one I've never seen before though - looks more 1860's! Is the lady on the riight the same one as the upper picture?
    Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

Comment

I'n not very good at dating photos, but based only on facial features, I think the lady on the left in the second photo is very similar to the lady in the first photo: same shape and positioning of the eyebrows, similiar nose shape (especially nostril area), same face shape (cheekbone area, lower cheek area, chin).
      I think they could be the same person.
      Last edited by Cloggie; 30-10-07, 07:05.
      Sarah

Comment

The first picture shows a woman wearing a jacket bolero with puff sleeves whilst her hair has the startings of what would graduate on to become the loose pompadour style. The hair has been drawn/brushed/pulled up from the sides and back and lays on the crown in a very loose bun (if one can call it that). Both stlye of sleeving and her hair draws me to the 1890's period where, between 1893 and 1897, the leg of mutton or gigot sleeve was very popular. As the loose pompadour hair style came into fashion about 1897 I would therefore suggest that this study was taken about 1895/96.

To me the second photograph appears to have been taken during the 1st world war and would have been taken to send to someone at the front. The stiffness of the bodice/bolero has been replaced by a loose blouse and the young woman, standing, has a much more lower neckline than that of a decade or two beforehand. The hairstyles are also that of the period where the hair was placed up in a bun at the back of the head rather than at the crown. The fall of the skirt of the woman on the right is also in keeping with this period as well.

don.

Comment

Just seen the photos, the baby in the top photo, is it a post mortem photo?

Comment

I would say the top one is around 1890-95, maybe the baby she is holding is the lady in the 2nd photo on the right? Is it 3 generations (Gran, daughter & grandchild?)

The 2nd photo is around 1917-1920 I would say looking at the style of the lady on the rights hair & clothing.

Just guesses mind, lol!

Joanie

Comment

Thank for your thoughts on these. Given the sort of dates for the top photo, I think that this lady could be the mother of lady in on the left of the second photo, and very possibly my g grandmother

The second pic is 3 generations of the same family definitely.

Pauline
              Pauline
              xx
              OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
              www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Comment

Pauline,

thought you might like them cleaned abit

Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

and number two

Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think that the lady in the first picture is the old lady in the second picture...

Comment

i think the lady in the first picture is the same as the lady on the left hairstyle has no parting brenda xxx

Comment

I think the lady in the first picture is the same as the one holding the baby in the second one.
                        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I can see a bit of you in the first picture Pauline, definately a likeness in the shape of the face too. Yes I also think the lady seated in the second is the same as first lady.

Comment

Srudying the second piccy again, I definately see a resemblance of you to her, in fact it's more obvious in the second picture, around the nose and eyes.

Comment

I would suggest that the lady holding the baby in both photographs is the same lady only a generation apart. would the lady standing in the 2nd photo be the baby in the first?

Comment

Working...
                              X