ROLL UP! Genealogy Books Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLL UP! Genealogy Books Thread

Hopefully the title has got your attention!

Following a suggestion by Glen I wanted to start a thread for people to put their FTM homepage link on PARTICULARLY IF YOU HAVE CREATED A BOOK in the programme.

The idea being that we can get ideas and give constructive criticism.

So, if you have got a link to your homepage in your signature come and say hello, or if not, come and post your link and let us have a read.

*waits patiently*
    Rose

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
    So, if you have got a link to your homepage in your signature come and say hello
    Hello!
    It's the same as its been for a long time - I have one more chapter in the book that I need to write up and then I am stuck for ideas.
    Click on the link below in my signature!
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 17-10-07, 14:14.
    Elaine

Comment

Just had a quick look at yours Rosie...........what a lovely way of doing it.
      I've just used the book format on my PAF programme so far from family search. I've done the odd page with a bit of extra individual into about a specific person with a photograph of the village they lived in, house if poss and them if I've had one but it's no where near as good as yours. I usually give myself a project to do every new year........looks like thats going to me mine..............get my tree in a more 'readable' order.

Comment

Originally posted by marylou View Post
        ...get my tree in a more 'readable' order.
        ... and to get a link to it on here . Thanks for the nice comments on mine, to me it seems filled with 'unknowns' rather than any hard facts and more social than personal history. I defer to Elaine's greater knowledge and experience
        Rose

Comment

Nice site Rosie!
          I shall now be waiting with interest to see what the unfortunate thing was on the SS Sarah Sands.
          I shall have to investigate the possibilities of my Legacy programme now.
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

lol Gillian, you really HAVE read it! In a nutshell, the ship was carrying gunpowder and it caught fire (the ship, not the gunpowder). The crew abandoned ship leaving the 54th and women and children on board. Someone high up, maybe the chap IC if the 54th, unfortunately found himself on one of the lifeboats and was unable to get back to his men. The soldiers fought the fire and risked life and limb throwing the gunpowder overboard. The ship was saved and diverted to Barbados or somewhere for repairs. There is a very detailed and impressive story on the net somewhere.

I am only sorry my ancestor was on another ship. Story of my (genealogical) life lol.

Looking foward to your legacy book;)
            Rose

Comment

That book is great Rose :D

Have you seen this marriage?

Thomas Patchett Clayton to Susannah Bacon OND 1856, Radford.

Comment

Yes Tom, it is on my list of certs to get. Funny you should mention it, as only today I have been trying to link up a couple of Bacon convicts I found on the Lincs Archive site. One was deported for 7 years in 1833 for theft; the other was deported for life in 1857 for matricide

I can't bring them forward to Susannah but once I confirm she is 'mine' I hope to work backwards to one or both of them

Glad you enjoyed the book.

Hasn't anyone else got one?? I know sparkly pants has but he's off on the highways and byeways I think.
                Rose

Comment

Thanks for telling me the rest of the story Rose!
                  Gillian
                  User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
                    ][/I]I know sparkly pants has but he's off on the highways and byeways I think.
                    Trying to sleep overnight in the laybys of the A1 in the general area of Newark mostly!!!

What i should really do is take pen/paper and notes and start a masterpiece with all the sleepless nights i seem to have. :D:D
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Ooh, my sister lives in Elston, not far from there Glen. Watch out for "safety cameras" theres one every few yards along that stretch.

Comment

Working...
                      X