Can you date this please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you date this please?

I think these may be my Gt grandparents. I am wondering if it is a wedding photo with the lady holding flowers.

My Gt grandfather was a miner and this would explain the dirty or stained fingers/nails - unless it is just discolouration of the phot.

Any help would be most welcome in dating this photo.

Thanks

Hi Sue, this based on a quick look as I have to go, I think its 1919-20, will have to have a better look when I can..........;)

Comment

Oh i have been drawn to his hands and they are grubby, imagine what state he was in when he come home from work. we dont know we are born with our baths and showers, Its a lovely photograph.

Comment

I would say it is around 1912-1916, the long sleeves on her dress make it earlier than the twenties I think.

Joanie

Comment

Sue

Cleaned up a bit Sue............

Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Thanks for the clean up - that looks much better. However the dates mean it can't be my gt grandparents - more probably one of Gran's 6 sisters, or her brother of course who was also a miner, however I am having trouble finding his marriage with Taylor for a surname it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Comment

My gut instint was about 1914-1916 but it could be anything up to 1920 I would think.

When did your great grandparents marry?

Comment

They married in 1882, so it is doubtful that it is them.

Comment

oh no, definately not them then. Sorry :o

Comment

There is a similarity between them that suggests they may be blood relations - mabe they share a parent? The noses are different but the mouths and eyes are similar. She seems to have a very 'dusky' look - perhaps a little African or Indian?
                    Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

Comment

I thought that too Paul but I cannot find anything to support that theory. That's why I wondered if it was the man that was my Gran's brother rather than the lady being her sister - if you follow me?

Comment

Was the photo taken in UK do you know? I can't quite make out what type of flowers they are... at first I thought narcissi, but they look a little more delicate than that (though if they were narcissi, that would probably mean a spring wedding!)
                        Also the lady's dress isn't like any in my albums, nor is the chair on which she is sitting.

Intriguing!

Comment

The photo is printed on a post card - no photographers name. However I have compared it to others I have on post cards and this one has both english & french on it i.e

POST CARD - CARTE POSTALE

I don't know how usual this is. Where the stamp goes there is a large K over the letters LTD.

Comment

the lady seems to be wearing whats called a duster coat i think the picture is 1920,s brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                            X