Wilmington & Heathfield Sussex Parish Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilmington & Heathfield Sussex Parish Records

I have access to these until 24/12 so if anyone wants me to check for anything/one on them please let me know.

Interestingly they seem to include examination papers (Bastardy bonds?)for Wilmington as well.

Wilmington baptisms, marriages & burials 1538-1900

Heathfield 1581-1906

Please leave the names of the people you want to search for, and dates if possible.

Joanie

Nudging in case anyone interested!

Joanie

Comment

If this is the Wilmington in Kent then it may be worth a look for Maria BUTLER b1870 and brother Charles BUTLER b 1867. Both were described as illegitimate when in a school on 1881 census. So they could be in the Bastardy records somewhere.

She gives her birth place as Woolwich but I think I have exhausted those records.
      Thanking you
      GLoria

Comment

Aw Gloria

It is Wilmington, Sussex. Sorry didn't realise there was one in Kent, too. I have amended the title to save further confusion, sorry :o

Joanie

Comment

Hi,

I have my 3x great grandmother I'm trying to trace.

Phoebe Martin (daughter of James Martin and Ellen Walters) born about 1817. I have either Hastings or Heathfield as place of birth.

Phoebe married Benjamin Mepham 16th Oct 1835 in Heathfield. Nothing known about Benjamin.

Phoebe had a son ,Benjamin, baptised 27th Dec 1835 in Heathfield.

Now Phoebe and baby Benjamin came to Australia before 1844 as she remarried here then. Not sure if her husband came as well, but can't find his death here.

Could you possibly see if Benjamin senior died before 1844 and if there any other children.
          I'm sorry, I don't have anything on this family before this time.

Thank you,
          Libby.

Comment

ok Joan there are probably several Wilmingtons. Isnt that one where dads army was from.
            GLoria

Comment

Hi Libby

Will have a look for you & let you know what I find. Will be in a couple of weeks time, ok?

Hi Gloryer, no idea if that's where it was filmed, lol! Sorry it won't help in the search for yours though!

Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                ok Joan there are probably several Wilmingtons. Isnt that one where dads army was from.
                Dad's Army was filmed in Suffolk. The fictitious town was (I think) Warmington on Sea.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

[QUOTE=Joan of Archives;857939]Hi Libby

Will have a look for you & let you know what I find. Will be in a couple of weeks time, ok?

Thank you.........whenever you get a chance.

Libby.

Comment

Nudging up in case anyone else wants a look up

Joanie

Comment

And again in case anyone else interested

Joanie

Comment

Please keep that offer open Joan,

I am interested in any Alchin/Allchin/Alchorne/Alcherne names from Sussex.

Mine came from the Rotherfield/Mayfield area in the 15th Century.

I have taken a lot of information from The Weald Website.
                        Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Nudging up in case anyone else interested, should be getting the info possible next week.

Joanie

Comment

Nudging up for anyone interested

Joanie

Comment

Thanks Joan...

I have a little bit more info.

Phoebe Martin married Benjamin Mepham 1835 Heathfield.

Baby Benjamin born Heathfield.

Phoebe's husband is nowhere to be found. Could you check burials between marriage and 1837 (or 1839 if it goes that far).

Also I'm looking for Phoebe and her family. Phoebe born about 1817. Her parents were James Martin and Ellen (or Ellenor) Walters. I have nothing more on them, or any siblings for Phoebe.

Only if you have time.

Thank you.
                              Libby.

Comment

I am interested to know if there are any HEAD baptism. There should be at least Ann Head c 1831 daughter of Richard Head and Mary Harbour. Maybe Richard Head c1798 is there although I have him born Penshurst I have not located a baptism for him yet.

Thank you
                                GLoria

Comment

The film I have access to only goes up to 1812. I may be able to order the film that includes marriages & baptisms from 1812, so will look into it & let you know if I can.

Joanie

Comment

not to worry Joan. I may be able to hire the film here but not looked into it properly yet.

Comment

Nudging up for last chance !

;)

Joanie

Comment

Nudging again, possibly last chance for requests!

Joanie

Comment

Working...
                                        X