Duff photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duff photo

Anyone fancy a challenge,not sure what will happen next as i've never tried this before!! Hopefully the photo will appear.

Whoops,appear to have put this in the wrong place

Comment

An attempt .. albeit amateur .....
      Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

Comment

Hi Tony. I had a go too.

Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Forget mine! Gillian that is very good.
          Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

Comment

Hi Tony...

I had a go too, hope is alright?

Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Mark - I had had a go already and given up until you put yours up. I just couldn't "get" the ear 'til I saw how you did it!
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Tony can you see the impression of the man on thr right side of the photo his eye appears to be near the ear of the lady or am I imaging things xHowie
                Howie passed away August 2018.

Comment

photo

Heres another rendition Tony..................

Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Jen,Julie,Gillian and Mark,I take my hat off to you! I've spent ages messing around with that pic with abysmal results.She is one of my GGrandmothers,but which one,either Ann Weatherley or Janet Stevenson. Unfortunately I waited until retirement before digging into my family history, and now of course there's no one left to ask.Thanks again for your work,it's brilliant. Best Regards,Tony

Comment

Hello Tony - I don't know whether you have already seen this, but there is some information about A & G Taylor at The Studios of A. & G. Taylor
                      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Hi Joan, thanks for that,have had a look and decided the pic must have been taken around 1881, card has 1 crown and rounded corners! This fits nicely with Ann Weatherley's 21st.
                        The other candidate Janet Stevenson had 4 children by this time, and I doubt she would look so serene!! Many Thanks,Tony

Comment

One in colour ...
                          Hope I've remembered how to get this on to the website !

Oh dear ... looks too small

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

This should be larger .....
                            Close up she reminds me of a young Faye Dunnaway

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I am intrigued- the detail on the coloured photo is brilliant!
                              Do you think this might be a uniform, or is it a dress from the period?

Louise

Comment

Hi Louise
                                I'm hoping Barbara might give an opinion later ... she's good on costume ... or if Don's around, I wonder if somebody might ask him ?

I just had to guess at it as, even enlarged enormously, it was difficult to tell ... but it looked like a cape to me and whether the collar is part of that or the dress I don't know .... I couldn't detect any fastenings (like a chain).
                                Maybe somebody will come up with some other ideas

Just realised .... I forgot her teeth !!! .... wish I could have got her a bit sharper

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 01-10-07, 22:33.

Comment

Hope this is the one with teeth

Comment

Final attempt to get more detail .... :(
                                    This one is a more straightforward version ... (no 'artistic licence' !)

There seems to be an arrow drawn on pointing at her ear ... wonder why

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 02-10-07, 15:19.

Comment

Hi Rachel, that's magic!! Really brings her to life. Just looked at the original,for the "arrow"
                                      and it's another dirty mark! Don't know where Ma kept these photos,but they are all in poor condition,too late to ask her now as she is 93 and living in a home and as she doesn't recognise me,no chance with old pics.
                                      I've done a screen capture and shall print it off on photo paper,once again,many thanks.
                                      Best Regards Tony

Comment

Another Challenge?

Since you clever people made such a brilliant job of GGrandmothers pic,anyone fancy a go at brightening up Grandma!

The studio pic is I believe dated between 1904-1912, if the reverse is any good for dating,and i've guessed wrongly please let me know. The snap is of the same Gran and myself in 1947!! Good luck to anyone willing to have a go.
                                        Best Regards Tony

Comment

Working...
                                        X