uploading a gedcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading a gedcom

I have been very lucky that a man in Mitchegan who is in my tree said he will send me a gedcom file of his side of the tree.
    My question is:
    I already have a gedcom file but do not want to add it to that until I view it,
    also can I upload it using this site?
    as I have seen something about it briefly on here, got to I pop off to work.
    Will catch you all later

Great site, lots of familiar names, mine is changed from the other site slightly though.:D

thanks
    Chris

Originally posted by chris in worcester View Post
    I have been very lucky that a man in Mitchegan who is in my tree said he will send me a gedcom file of his side of the tree.
    My question is:
    I already have a gedcom file but do not want to add it to that until I view it,
    also can I upload it using this site?
    as I have seen something about it briefly on here, got to I pop off to work.
    Will catch you all later

Great site, lots of familiar names, mine is changed from the other site slightly though.:D

thanks
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

welcome to Family Tree Forum

this gedcom, I presume you have a FTM or some such program? you can use ftm to "look" at the gedcom, without it being added to your own ftm work, you will need to double click on the gedcom icon (assuming you have saved it to your desktop) rename it to something you can remember it. once you have done that you should be able to dble click on it and veiw it within FTM.

And yes you can upload a gedcom to this site, is very easy to do, I have created a visual help thread about it.

just shout up if you need some help, will be happy to assist you.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
    X