Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy 7 Preview

Hello Legacy fans:

Millenium Corporation, publishers of Legacy Family Tree software, will be releasing Legacy 7 sometime this fall. They presented a session entitled "Sneak Peek of Legacy 7" at the BYU Family History and Genealogy Conference in Provo, Utah earlier this summer. A two-part report on this session, is available at Renee's Genealogy Blog (click for Part 1 or Part 2).

In addition, Geoff Rasmussen discussed Legacy 7 in an interview on DearMYRTLE's Family History Hour (click here to listen to the podcast). I haven't listened to this yet (firewall at work) but I assume that it covers the same material.

I didn't bother upgrading my Legacy 5 Deluxe version to Legacy 6 Deluxe when it came out because I wasn't sure if there were enough extra 'bells & whistles' to justify the cost (I've been using Version 5 Deluxe with the free Version 6 Standard Edition). However, once Legacy 7 is available, I expect that I'll go for the Deluxe upgrade.

Tim
    Last edited by Canadian Cousin; 30-08-07, 22:12.
    "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Thanks Tim. Will go and have a look.

I upgraded to Legacy 6 Deluxe a couple of months ago - wish I'd known 7 was due so soon!
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Time to Upgrade from Legacy 5 Deluxe

I can't remember where I read it, but I believe that Legacy 7 is due out sometime in October. However, if you're like me and still have Legacy 5 Deluxe, you can upgrade to version 6 Deluxe now (for US$21.95 - approx. £11) and get Legacy 7 Deluxe for free when it's released. I'm not sure if there'll still be an upgrade discount for Version 5 owners after the release date (typically, they only go back one version), so now is a good time to upgrade.

Unlike FTM, Legacy only seems to come out with a new version every couple of years, although they do provide free updates several times a year. I'm not sure if there are enough new features to justify the jump from Legacy 6 to 7 (we'll have to wait for the reviews to come out), but I expect to see a significant improvement over Version 5.

Of course, I may be the only person here in this position - if so, please ignore.

Tim
      "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Tim
        Thanks for the tip off. I have just upgraded from deluxe 5 to deluxe 6.
        Just awaiting email instructions.
        Sue
        Sue ;)

Comment

Working...
        X