Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIVRI not compatible with Windows Vista..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIVRI not compatible with Windows Vista..?

I have downloaded the Bivri onto my windows vista laptop but it refuses to read it............any suggestions please???

Do I need a patch....................OR a headache tablet??
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

There is a question and reply on Rootschat which might help

The short answer is yes it does work.
    The slightly longer version is that after installation you have to right click on the desktop icon and choose the option to run the program as an administrator.
    Depending upon the version of the viewer that you recieve inserting disc 1 of the collection may update the viewer program ... if this happens you again have to right click and select the run as administrator option again ... after that everything runs as you might expect.

Hope that helps! :o
    Elaine

Comment

There is another comment on Rootsweb about this problem with the following comment

I have finally got it to work - through MS Vista Compatibility Wizard. I must say, it was fairly easy, even for me.
      Elaine

Comment

I was going to suggest trying to run it as an administrator or in XP compatibility mode too.
        For info on how to run it in XP compatibility mode see:
        Explore the versatility of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system. Find out how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play and create.
        Sarah

Comment

Thankyou Elaine & Sarah, very well explained Elaine. I will look at Rootsweb.
          Sure I can manage now.
          Thanks again!
          Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Working...
          X