Family tree programs for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree programs for Mac?

I was talking to a friend yesterday who is interested in researching his family tree, and he'd like to get some genealogy software.
    But he uses a Mac and I don't, and so haven't a clue as to what to advise him.

I found a list of programs here: Genealogy Software for Mac - Family Tree Software Reviews, Downloads, Free Trials & Tips for Macintosh Computers
    But none of them really ring a bell for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
    Sarah

I use heredis whis is very good.

Before buying I also downloaded a trial of Reunion which I liked as well but was a lot more expensive.

let him know that the three big Mac tree programmes all let you have free trials so it's best for him to try them each out and see which one he likes the layout of best.

I definitely recommend Heredis tho
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I think Legacy is a Mac program. It seems to be quite popular. No Idea of the price.
      Derek :p

Comment

thank you derek

thats the other proramme I couldn't think of the name for
        Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I have the Reunion one, it's really good and easy to use, but very expensive. BC

Comment

Thank you Zoe, Derek and BC for your suggestions.
            Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Derek of the Jungle View Post
              I think Legacy is a Mac program. It seems to be quite popular. No Idea of the price.

The Legacy website only shows system requirements for PC not Mac, on the other hand I could be being blind.

Current research toward a Genealogy Apps page for the wiki has so far unearthed 15 titles, mostly commercial offerings, so there should be plenty of choice.

As with all software its down to the user to find the best app for their needs. Any package which has a try before you buy feature has to be worth a go
              Last edited by Grimsqueaker; 11-06-07, 18:32.
              https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

You could be right, GS.
                I have just seen on the S & N website "Legacy is a Windows program. It can run on a Mac only when a Windows emulator like Real PC, SoftWindows or Virtual PC is installed"
                All I knew was that I had seen Mac users referring to it.
                HTH.
                Derek :p

Comment

Working...
                X