FH programmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FH programmes

I was about to make a birthday request for a new FH programme when I thought it would be sensible to do a FTF survey. I use the free FTM and like it but had almost been persuaded into FHist when I spotted the post re FTM "who do you think you are " version. Distant bells clanged and a search in the cupboard found it. I had bought it in a supermarket bargain clearance ages ago and forgotten all about it.

Thanks everyone

PS how do you use smilies?

That's the one I bought. It's the best I've used - especially for printing out reports, trees and relationships.

P.S you've used a smilie in your title Don't you see them on the right of your Reply Box?

Comment

I'm glad to know that it is good, I must now get it uploaded. Does it have any weak points that I should be aware of. I can see those smilies at the right but how to get them on the page?

Comment

Haven't found any weakness so far myself and just click on the smilie ;) and it will appear in the box you are typing in as a comma and bracket or something similar or :confused followed by another colon will appear as once you post a reply

Comment

Originally posted by dopping View Post
          I'm glad to know that it is good, I must now get it uploaded. Does it have any weak points that I should be aware of. I can see those smilies at the right but how to get them on the page?
          FTM WDYTYA version is the only program I have used and I wouldn't be without it now. It is fantastic how it automatically creates a homepage on the internet for you and the book facility is great

If you get any problems just shout and someone will help - they did me when I was finding my feet with it :o
          Rose

Comment

Hi Anna and Rosie Knees (what a beautiful dog) thanks for the help. I spent all day trying to find the bits of info that had got scattered around various files and deleting the multiple copies I had made in inexperience. I saw somewhere that you could split off sections of a tree to start smaller ones but I can't find out how as i've misplaced the instructions, would you know how to do this? I have one big tree and it would be easier to deal with in branches. I haven't even looked at at making pages or books yet, still trying to find out how it works. Some day I might even find the missing family members!

Comment

Dopping,
              This might help with splitting your tree, if you haven't already seen it

Tim

Comment

thanks Tim, thats exactly what i wanted. I have printed it off and will give it a go at the weekend. Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X