Downloaded files from Family Search??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloaded files from Family Search??

Where do they go does anybody know please??

Just downloaded some of the new info and now I cannot find it on my machine. It's the first time I have attempted this I usually print the page out but thought I would be clever!! Proved me wrong didn't it????

Linda, I also thought it would be a clever thing to do! :o - That was about 18 months ago, I too have never found where they went!..lol

Perhaps our search results are keeping each other company out in cyberspace somewhere :D

Will watch this thread to hope somebody knows.
    Sue

Comment

You should be able to tell it where you wanted to save the file. Do you know the name of the file if so you can do a search for it.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I had the screen prepare selected records for download, did that. The next screen said Click yes if download successful or no, waited for something to tell me it had happened and the whole thing went back to the results page. Computer was doing something and I noticed before the screen changed Gedcom Trezona 1902.
        Nothing about saving it to anywhere, which to be honest is what I expected Wendy.

I have searched for that, using find all files. I have looked for Ged files and come up blank.

Sue you may well be right there must be a big black hole somewhere with all these things floating around wonder what else is out there with them????? :D

Comment

You have to wait until the file comes up and you have told it where to save it before you click on Yes.
          Wendy

Comment

AHHH!!!

I'll go and try again then. Thankyou Wendy.

Comment

I think that's roughly what happened to me too, it didn't ask where I wanted the page saved - although it was a while ago now. I tried searching my computer, didn't find anything. I just thought "ok, I won't do that again" !

Linda, perhaps they went off with all our missing relatives??!!
              Sue

Comment

Just seen Wendy's last reply.

Do let us know how you get on Linda and if it's worth downloading.
                Sue

Comment

I always download the info and then put it into FTM and work out the families. Saves having to write it all in yourself, especially if there is a lot of them.
                  Wendy

Comment

Thankyou Wendy what I thought was the results page was the prepared records and right at the bottom is a Download button with a name for the file beside it. How blind can one be?????????

Sue I use FTM and after the download was complete I clicked on open and the whole thing acted the same as an imported Gedcom from any other source I have now merged the 2 bits as it will only let you do 50 at a time and there were 63, next step is to merge with my main file and fill in some gaps hopefully!!!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted Linda.
                      Wendy

Comment

Ooo that does sound useful! I have FTM too, so think I will give it a go

Thanks for 'road testing' it Linda! and thanks to Wendy for the help!
                        Sue

Comment

Good luck Sue.

Comment

Thanks Linda! Just tried it..and I did it!! :D

I won't have to write them all out now, great!!
                            Sue

Comment

I have been watching this thread with interest, and yes i did the same !!!!!!!!!

Will go and have another go now,

Thanks everyone

Jacky xx
                              Jacky

Comment

Well thank goodness for that I'm not the only one to loose their downloads done plenty but never found out where they went to ----- well you live and learn. Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                                X