Genopro - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genopro - any good?

I have a disc that came free with YFT this month. Genopro 2007.

Is it any good & does it conflict with Legacy or FTM at all?

Need to know before I load it!

Thanks!

Joanie

I downloaded Genopro yonks ago but didn't get around to using it right away, then I got Legacy, which I am using, so I would be interested in knowing the answer to this one too Joan, if you don't mind me getting in on your thread?

Because I was running and using Legacy, I was dubious about then trying out genopro, as I'm sure I read somewhere, that its better not to have more than one!
    I could be wrong I dont know as its a while ago now......
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Joan I did the free download yonks ago and its a funny looking tree ;;
      not like FTM or Legacy;;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Joan, Isn't genopro supposed to be used for downloading a gedcom?

I'm not too sure thats why I would like to know, as I have a gedcom waiting to download but, I don't want it conflicting with anything else as you say.
        Jen

Comment

As long as you don't run both programs at the same time, which might cause a problem, load it and test it. At one time I had three FH programs on my PC and I'm running Legacy and PAF (which is replacing Legacy) at the moment. Nothing's blown up, nothing's got corrupted and, at one stage I had both programs open at the same time while I checked that the Gedcom file had successfully loaded.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
            ....... as I have a gedcom waiting to download but, I don't want it conflicting with anything else as you say.
            Jen - I see from a previous post that you are using Legacy. There is no reason at all why you cannot download the gedcom using your normal family tree program - all you need to do is to give it a name different to your other file(s).

You can have as many family tree FILES on your computer as you wish at any one time. I have probably got something in the region of 30! Six of them are my own - the rest (which I am working on) belong to someone else.
            Elaine

Comment

GenoPro is just another family history program but it is free to download off the net anyway, there have been 4 or 5 problems reported with that particular cd on the magazines own forum.

There is a GenoPro gold edition that you can pay for but the basic edition is free. I don't know the difference between the 2.

We have over 30 different FH programs running on our systems and we've never had a conflict problem even when running 2 or 3 at the same time.
              Best Wishes
              Ron
              www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

It sounds very promising that there is no issues of conflict between programes but, as I haven't downloaded a gedcom onto on of my own programes yet, I have to work through how to go about it.

I may well need quite a bit of help at some point, but I will go over to the thread mentioned by Linda and have a good read.
                I appreciate all the answers given and apologize to Joan for usurping her thread.

Sorry Joan.
                Jen

Comment

No problems Jen, that's what we are all here for, & sometimes someone will ask a question we also want the answer to!

Thanks Ron & Carol. Maybe I would be better trying to get to grips with the free Legacy program I am trying to master after all!!

Joanie

Comment

Working...
                  X