Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you search a census on Ancestry ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you search a census on Ancestry ....

using a census reference from FMP? Have found an ancester on FMP but can't find them on Ancestry on the same census. Is there a way of searching the census' from the reference number?

Thanks

I usually go to the drop down menu on Search, then select Card catalogue, put in the year I want eg 1851 and find the 1851 census then from that search page there is an option to put in Folio, Page number, sub registration district and piece

I bet there's a quicker way though!
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 03-11-19, 10:38. Reason: trying to make the link more visible

Comment

I do the same, and check the boxes for exact match.

I often get there from the drop down search, pick census & electoral rolls, and then on the left there is a list.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Or search for another family on the same page - which does not work on the 1911!

Comment

I do the same, but I don't enter any names because sometimes the person has been transcribed with a different interpretation of the writing. I then look down the census sheet for the person in question.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Perfect, thank you!!

Comment

Was going to say, I look for the easiest name on the page, search for them the when I have the page on Ancestry you can click on the tab at the bottom which brings up the transcription and shows what it has been transcribed as.
              Anne

Comment

Working...
              X