Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Rosanna/Rose Jeffs

Hello everyone!

I am having real trouble with some of my 'travelling' family!

Teasie has helped me loads with one lot and now this another generation back!

Rosanna/Rose Jeffs b. 1799, Bucklebury, Berks or 1791, Chinnor, Bucks married John Bland b. 1788, Marcham, Berks.

I can't find her birth. The DOB I have is from the census info.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Last edited by tessie31082; 29-09-19, 15:21.

I have had a look and struggling to find anything, sorry.

Would the travellers have had their children baptised as it is before registration. I does say 1799 for her birth on the death record.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Lin,

It seems they are sometimes registered/baptised but not always which is my suspcion - either that or she's using a different name!

Just wanted to check I hdn't missed anything

Thanks for taking a look!

Teresa

Comment

Interestingly, Jeffs seems to have been quite a common name in the area of Buckinghamshire (Preston Bissett, Edg(e)cot(t), and Hillesden) where my Cadd family lived. Over the generations, several Cadd siblings or cousins of my direct line married Jeffs (male or female).

I haven't really followed the Jeffs because they were "side lines".
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Very nice transcript of Bucklebury PR - I didn't see your peeps (did not see the surname Jeffs among the baptisms from ~1790-1815, but take no offense to someone double checking):

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Comment

I have Jeffs living around Rickmansworth, Herts in the early 1700s - farmers/butchers
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks for looking - I'll keep trying

Comment

Working...
              X