another new 3rd cousin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another new 3rd cousin

I honestly thought I had exhausted most of my research but up pops a new 3rd cousin via dna on myheritage, not a site I use much but have uploaded my ancestry dna to just about everywhere that was free at the time. I think the biggest surprise was that my dad had a step sister so we have step cousins!!. My grandfather's 2nd wife was his first cousin who had previously been married and had children so they also have a dna connection.........loving it!!!! lol

I have requested my sons DNA from ancestry - I assume that I can upload this to My heritage? not tried any of this before, I requested it yesterday.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      I have requested my sons DNA from ancestry - I assume that I can upload this to My heritage? not tried any of this before, I requested it yesterday.
      Yes you can but since last December, there is a fee to pay to unlock all the tools, much the same as on ftDNA

Comment

Oh not so good!
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          Oh not so good!
          Not as bad as it sounds. The fee is a one off I believe. If you had an account before December,even if it was a free uploaders one like mine, you should be able to link the uploaded to your account and avoid the fee. That would need double checked though. Hopefully Photofamily will be on soon. She is au fait with MyHeritage and other sites.

Comment

And there are people who have tested there that don't have their results anywhere else. My father has close matches on his Cornish, London, and Antrim lines that are only there.

Wish they would give X match info.

Comment

I will look into it, I do have my tree on there.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

yes somebody on here did say that after December there would be a charge so that prompted me. I also made contact again with a 2nd cousin that we thought had emigrated. Makes me wonder why some people choose that site over others.
                Also what is photofamily?

Comment

gloryer, PhotoFamily is one of our members. :D she has just posted #6 on this thread.
                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 05-09-19, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                    gloryer, PhotoFamily is one of our members. :D she has just posted #6 on this thread.
                    lol I totally misread that one then. I thought you were talking about a website that should be on soon....

Comment

Working...
                    X