PDA

View Full Version : 20th century American relations

Karamazov
28-08-19, 00:13
If you have 20th century US relations this may be of interest:
Free access to Ancestry US School Yearbook records. I've just spent a happy couple of hours finding photos of various relations as youngsters, where previously the only photos I had, if any, were photos from online obituaries. Interesting to compare the younger and older versions.

Tip from my searches just now: it helps to use the exact place option to restrict the number of results you get.
You may have to sign in to ancestry.com to avail of the offer.
https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/yearbooksindex/?o_lid=101739&o_sch=Email+Campaigns&o_xid=101739

*Users will be able to access the featured collection for free until 02 Sep 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using a paid Ancestry Membership.

Christine

GallowayLass
28-08-19, 11:48
So THAT’s why ancestry was worse than useless last night when I was trying to search UK census and BMD indexes :sinister:

Karamazov
28-08-19, 12:06
So THAT’s why ancestry was worse than useless last night when I was trying to search UK census and BMD indexes :sinister:

There were problems with ancestry from about 7.15pm BST yesterday - I was getting a banner message when using .com saying they were experiencing issues, although I didn't have any problems. As it's not a US public holiday I doubt millions of Amercians were feverishly searching the yearbooks - more likely one of their occasional glitches rather than volume of traffic...Now resolved according to downdectector.
Christine

Nelde
03-09-19, 01:04
Thanks for the tip. Spent a few minutes looking up my mother's generation. Only the younger ones made it to graduation. the older ones probably dropped out to work on the farms.