Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Park and Agnes Forman - Scotland

Hello,

I am researching my Park Family tree. (This side of my family has given me some grief!) I have stumbled upon a block and wondering if someone is able to give me direction.

Robert Park - Born about 1906 New Deer and died 23 Nov 1881. (I have copy of death certificate)

Married to:

Agnes Forman - Born abt 1803 Strichen and Died 24 May 1896 New Deer.

For Robert on his death certificate I can see that his parents are Robert Park and Catherine Robertson. No birth or death dates

For Agnes I have James Forman who died in 1851 and Margaret Willox born about 1877. I have not verified her parents as yet.

From those details I can't seem to get any further and was wondering if I am overlooking anything?

Thank you.
    Glenys Park

Your dates are all over the place. Do you mean robert park b.1806 and margaret willox b.1777?

Comment

Hello

Sorry, yes sorry I meant Margaret Willox born 1777.

Cheers
      Glenys

Comment

Hi So sorry not sure where my mind was when I typed this post. Please see the changes below.

I am researching my Park Family tree. (This side of my family has given me some grief!) I have stumbled upon a block and wondering if someone is able to give me direction.

Robert Park - Born about 1806 New Deer and died 23 Nov 1881. (I have copy of death certificate)

Married to:

Agnes Forman - Born abt 1803 Strichen and Died 24 May 1896 New Deer.

For Robert on his death certificate I can see that his parents are Robert Park and Catherine Robertson. No birth or death dates

For Agnes I have James Forman who died in 1851 and Margaret Willox born about 1777. I have not verified her parents as yet.

From those details I can't seem to get any further and was wondering if I am overlooking anything?

Thank you.
        Glenys Park
        Last edited by GlenysFlegg; 08-08-19, 10:23.

Comment

The only marriage I can see for Robert Park Senior is this one on Family Search:
          Robert Park
          Catharine Taylor
          29 Aug 1809
          New Deer,Aberdeen,Scotland
          On Scotlands People:

PARK ROBERT CATHARINE TAYLOR/ (FR756) 29/08/1809 225/ 20 519 New Deer
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 08-08-19, 11:33.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Hi,

Yes that is what I came up with too. I am not sure Catherine Taylor is the same as Catherine Robertson. Below is the attachment.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards
            Glenys
            Attached Files

Comment

I can see them all on the censuses and the dates, birthplaces etc are fairly consistant. I can't understand why I cannot find the marriage of the Parks and the baps of Agnes or marriage of her parents on Scotlands People - it's most odd.
              I have grandchildren here today so will look again later. Hopefully our Scotland experts here meantime will have a look.
              Kat

Comment

I cant see any OPR for the Parks on SP. Not unusual and likely but not always to be one liners.

Catherine Park b 1756 Lonmay is on the 1841 and 1851 census with d Janet. 1851 Living and renting 4 acres at Pundlecroft.

There is a New Deer reg death 1856 for Catherine Park aged 91 on SP. Mother's maiden name Lorimer.

Vera
                Last edited by vera2013; 08-08-19, 14:40.

Comment

On 1851 census Transcription on Ancestry, Margt Parks and Margt Willox are both b1777 and are MIL to head of house Robert Park. On FS the transcription reads Margt Parks or Willox - Ancestry has misleadingly transcribed as two seperate people. Surely this should say Parks or Forman. Why would they put Willox? Would like to know what the image actually says and whether she is married or a widow. Do you have the image?
                  It is possible that Agnes was born a Willox and Margaret was not married?

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 08-08-19, 16:47. Reason: added url
                  Kat

Comment

From what I remember from our Scottish members, Widows quite often known as their maiden name.
                    Not sure why Park is on 1841
                    Can see New Dear reg death on SP for Margaret Willox 1855 aged 77 mmn Hay

Vera

Comment

I'm wondering if the info given for Agnes' death 1896 is correct ie Foreman. It was given by her son William
                      The informant for Margaret Willox death was Robert Park son in law and there appears to be a different married name for Margaret beginning with H although writing difficult to read. Its on SP and gives Issue of marriage as Agnes

Vera

Comment

Or maybe she re-married?
                        There is an OPR for a Proclomation of Marriage. Couple of Tyrie parish between David Hutton and Margaret Willox in 1821.

Vera

Comment

Thank you all for your assistance.

That will give me something to consider and work on!

Glenys

Comment

Working...
                          X