Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions please......are these all the children of the same James and Mary Warren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please......are these all the children of the same James and Mary Warren

James Warren and Mary Hambleton married 1803 in Saint Martin in the Fields, Westminster, London, England

These are the possible children I have found.

Harriet Warren......born 21-12-1806 Beddington Surrey.....(no fathers occupation)

James David William Hambleton Warren.....3-4-1808......Beddington Surrey...........(no fathers occupation)

Hannah Warren.....born 16-7 1810 Carshalton Surrey......(no fathers occupation)

Agrippa Warren......born 6-4-1812 Tooting Graveney Surrey...........(no fathers occupation)

Edward.....born 26-6-1814 Wimbledon Surrey........(fathers printer)

Joshua Warren.....born.....23-6-1816....Wimbledon Surrey........(fathers occupation Carpenter)

Edmund Warren......born 15-11-1818 Wimbledon Surrey......(fathers occupation Carpenter)

Caroline Warren.....born 16-7-1820.....Wimbledon Surrey......(fathers occupation Calico Printer?)

Maria Warren........born....22-9-1822 Wimbledon Surrey............(fathers occupation Copper plater Printer)

John George David Warren........17-6-1827...born Merton Surrey........(fathers occupation Plate Printer)

James David William Hambleton Warren came out to Tasmania as a convict aboard the Mary III in 1830.......it said he was a print engraver.

Joshua and Edmond, father a carpenter. It isn't a million miles from "carpenter" to "calico printer" if you say either in a mutter! Always depends what the clerk is expecting to hear and he might have been more familiar with carpenters than with calico printers.

I think I would be happy that they were all one family but I take it you have checked for any couples of the same name? Also, where is the first child!? I would have expected such a fertile couple to have had a child earlier tha three years into the marriage, although they may have lost one of course.

OC

Comment

If there were other children I haven't found them.............although I did have the same thought as you.............there should be.

Comment

Oopsie.............there was another one.

Sarah Warren ...born 2-6-185 Beddington Surrey

Comment

i see that calico plates were wooden at one point too, so like OC could definitely be misheard, or could be that he worked with wood and decided that was a better way to explain.

Just been reading about calico printing, London was the main place until Manchester etc got into textiles. I had no idea, great to learn these things.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I have a lot of calico printers in my tree. Ancestry turns a few of them into calico painters! I have also seen them as "cal printers" in church registers, which could easily be read as carpenters.

OC

Comment

Working...
            X