Ancestry.co.uk problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.co.uk problem

Anyone else having problem with search page ? When I log in I'm taken to ancestry not uk and my search goes nowhere , I'm just taken back to the search page ? Hope it's not just me . I haven't been on Ancestry for a couple of weeks .

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

I haven’t had that particular one but the last few days whenever I try to use member search on my phone on iPad, the keyboard is minimised bottom left of the screen and it keep asking me to login although I already am. I’m also getting a lot of failed pages when I click on a result.

Comment

just tested it and it seems to be working for me
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

It seems to me that Ancestry goes wrong so much that (for me anyway) it seems a waste if time fretting. I used to get very angry but now I just keep trying and generally get somewhere in the end. The delays are VERY frustrating but it'll likely be OK later.

One particular gripe I have is when you fill in a search form and Ancestry 'helpfully' fill in the whole lot for you, based on another, completely different, person in your tree. I found that problem is caused by leaving the cursor near the search box. It's bonkers!
        Anne

Comment

Thanks for the replies . It seems ancestry is working for me on the desk top but not on the iPad which is annoying as I do a lot of searches on the iPad as I can work on my research downstairs in comfort and not at the office desk ! I hope I can sort this out !

Liz

Comment

Yes I had problems with ancestry yesterday - wouldn't let me view specific people/info. - Haven't tried it today though

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I've had a lot of trouble with the site over the last few weeks - mainly it not allowing me to view search results and asking me to sign in, even though I already am. I never sign out , so remain "in" permanently.
              In the end, as it wouldn't recognise my e-mail & password, I asked for a new password, used that to get in and then reverted to my former password, adding an extra symbol at the end. No problems so far since doing that.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There was a notice on the UK site yesterday saying they were doing things. I forget the exact wording.
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline, I think it was that their customer service helplines were going to be out of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                    It seems to me that Ancestry goes wrong so much that (for me anyway) it seems a waste if time fretting. I used to get very angry but now I just keep trying and generally get somewhere in the end. The delays are VERY frustrating but it'll likely be OK later.

One particular gripe I have is when you fill in a search form and Ancestry 'helpfully' fill in the whole lot for you, based on another, completely different, person in your tree. I found that problem is caused by leaving the cursor near the search box. It's bonkers!
                    Anne
                    That drives me nuts too. I find that the best thing to do immediately after you have entered the forename is click anywhere on a blank bit of the screen just above the search boxes. Then it can’t auto fill the other boxes.

Comment

Thanks again
                      I think I'm just going to have to be patient and hope I can use Ancestry .co uk eventually . I've only recently gone back to researching as my sister was very ill for just over a year and then died a couple of weeks ago . I thought Researching more of our family tree might help me to feel closer to her ? If that makes sense .
                      I'll just keep trying and hope the uk site works again for me at some point .
                      Thanks again
                      Liz

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss, Liz.
                        I'm sure you're right about family research strengthening ties with those no longer with us. Take care

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank you Jay ,
                          Yes it's strange how it can be comforting to reach back to the ancestors when you lose someone from your family . My sister was also my best friend AND we worked together for 28 years so it feels like a loss multiplied by 3 .
                          Thanks for your kind words
                          Liz

Comment

Sorry to hear about you sister, I'm sure that looking at your shared family will be therapeutic.

Comment

Thank you Jill that's what I'm hoping .

Liz

Comment

Working...
                              X