MyHeritage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyHeritage

I see that the newsletter link just published is advertising that above site have free military records.

Does anyone on here use MyHeritage? is it worth considering?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

This was being discussed on another site .......... it's American.

Free this coming weekend because it is Memorial Day on Monday May 27th ...... day of remembrance for veterans and those killed in war.

Someone said he had looked and could not find any UK records on there.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

and it's a subsidiary of Ancestry...

I do have an account and tree on there but I can't say I have ever used their offerings. [sorry]
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I had no idea it was a subsidiary, wonder why they bother. I put my tree on there a while back, but can't get on with site, press search and it just sticks in the name and no other details.

I think I will give it a miss.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          I had no idea it was a subsidiary, wonder why they bother. I put my tree on there a while back, but can't get on with site, press search and it just sticks in the name and no other details.

I think I will give it a miss.
          It's not associated at all with Ancestry. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyHeritage. It has bought up other things e.g. geni though.

However, I'd give it a miss unless you can get an offer to explore it and then remember to cancel it - it is very expensive as you actually pay twice - once for the tree side and once for the records which are mainly US based. I got caught out as they'd ignored my wishes and charged for the records and so I had to phone them to cancel the records bit - I do keep the tree going at the moment as I have uploaded our DNA there and the tree is too big for the original free tree. They have a habit of moving the goalposts for the subs so you need to keep an eye on things.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
          X