Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Unwin and Elizabeth Vicars

Hi everyone.

A bit of help needed with this couple please.

John Unwin marries Elizabeth Vicars 21 Apr 1717 at Holy Rood Ossington Notts. Both of the parish of St Marys Nottingham.
    1st Child bap 21 Feb 1717/18 at St Marys Nottingham.

License states 23 Mar 1716/7 John Unwin of Nottm textor, batchelor, aged 18 and Elizabeth Vicars, Nottm, Spinster aged 21.

I have a transcript of Johns apprentice record from Ancestry dated 1712. John Unwin. Nottingham. Father John deceased. Apprenticed to Joseph Vicars a linen weaver of Nottingham. Premium £4.

Decided Joseph was Elizabeth's father. Can't find a bap for either of them but have found Joseph Vicars marrying Barbara Gratix, both of Norwell and Carlton on Trent, at St Marys Nottingham. Very suspicious now as Ossington and Norwell are only 3 miles away from each other.

Any ideas for baptism for either John or Elizabeth. There are loads if Unwins in Dronfield Derbys but not sure. Would all the records be on line for this period.

I've got their deaths and all their children to save people looking. John died in 1766 and Elizabeth 1756 and had 6 children.

Sorry its so long but wanted to give you all the facts I know.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Forget about Elizabeth. Found her under Vickars. Spent all afternoon looking and found nothing and just had another look and there she is!!!!

Still need help on John Unwin please.

Not sure again as this bap is 1686 for Elizabeth and that would make her 31 when she married!! Help
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
    X