Agnes Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agnes Clark

I am gradually working backwards to 'tidy' my tree and add any records that I have never collected, I cannot find My grt grandmother on the 1881 census, have all other records but not this one. and also have her entire family except her on 1881. Anyone able to spot it - Clark not the best surname, it has turned up with an E too, as you would expect.

and married on 1891

and here is the family in 1881

here they all are in 1881 in Kentish Town, and no Agnes
    Chas. Clark 44
    Eliz. Clark 39
    Wm. Clark 17
    Eliza Clark 14
    Albert Clark 12
    Walter Clark 10
    Charles Clark 8
    Elizabeth Clark 5
    Martha Clark 2
    Harriett Clark 2
    Ruth Clark
    James Clark 71
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 19-04-19, 10:50.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

SO many possibilities in 1881 and I have just discovered that there are almost as many Agnes Clark births in the space of a couple of years that it's almost as bad as looking for John Smiths' Sorry but non jumped out at me in 1881 that couldn't fit with other Agnes Clarks' and I have to dash now.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

She may have been with her siblings, parents, parents-in-law, aunts, uncles etc. have you checked out their 1881 censuses?
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

These were records that I found years and years ago, and am going back to direct ancestors to tidy up, I am not that bothered, just nice to fill the gap. Sometimes it leads to something unexpected.

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
        SO many possibilities in 1881 and I have just discovered that there are almost as many Agnes Clark births in the space of a couple of years that it's almost as bad as looking for John Smiths' Sorry but non jumped out at me in 1881 that couldn't fit with other Agnes Clarks' and I have to dash now.
        Yes that is the trouble with Clark I am assuming she must be on her own.

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
        She may have been with her siblings, parents, parents-in-law, aunts, uncles etc. have you checked out their 1881 censuses?
        I have put links to the family in 1881, and she was only 15, so could be with aunt and uncles, and some of them do have gaps with them.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Age 15, seems more likely to be in service rather than with family.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            Age 15, seems more likely to be in service rather than with family.
            yes kind of what I was thinking, but the clark bit not helping
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Is she Agnes or Ann?

Vera

Comment

Agnes, but for some reason in 1891 she is Ann - I had forgotten that

Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

I reckon I have found a likely candidate in Kentish Town.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I was looking at the Nurse aged 17 with the Beard family 53 Bartholomew Road. ? the same one.

Vera

Comment

so was I Vera, but for some reason thought it wrong? dont remember why

Comment

Maybe the age out a bit. She is the only Clark that turns up in that area using just Agnes.

Vera
                        Last edited by vera2013; 20-04-19, 16:58.

Comment

yes that is the one, It can only be an educated guess, but looks likely. Although no idea why she would be described as a 'nurse'. it is in Kentish town so nearby to family. I must try and find the roads on a map. Will get those old maps that Teasie posted a link to.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

I notice your Agnes married the 'boy next door'.

Vera

Comment

yes they lived in the same place, so sure she wouldn't have been far away, and his father was the one born in Harlow, which is where I was born, and we never knew we had connection to the town.

and One of Agnes children - Alice - my great aunt married her cousin Charles so ended up being a Clark, and Uncle Charlie was a firm favourite of mine when was little
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                              X